When travellers are searching for a hotel, we want the obvious choice to be trivago! By comparing prices from major booking sites, we're making it easy for people to find hotels they want at a price they’ll love. In the lively city of Düsseldorf, we seize opportunities to learn everyday, innovate, and make an enduring mark on the travel industry. A career at trivago is a journey designed for people who crave continuous development and want to thrive in a high-performing team. Here you will find those who aren't afraid of change but rather embrace it, turning every challenge into a pathway for growth. Join trivago, work with a great team, and grow with us!
Join us in making a difference
trivago is a publicly listed company on Nasdaq, and we believe that maintaining accurate and detailed financial records is paramount to driving our business forward, helping us strengthen our relationships with customers and manage revenue risk. We're looking for a highly motivated and self-starting Business Internal Auditor to join trivago’s Audit Services team. In this role, you will focus on testing and evaluating internal controls, and performing operational audits on the financial, business, and technological processes of trivago and its subsidiaries. This role would benefit from experience in SOX control testing, with further potential in the future for IT and operational audit testing. Sounds like your next opportunity? Apply today!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Assist in implementing team strategies, priorities, and initiatives as defined by trivago audit management
- Ensure that generally accepted accounting and audit principles are followed
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of key controls
- Communicate testing results to various business leaders (including external auditors) and recommend changes in testing methodologies to increase efficiency
- Develop and recommend implementation of forms, systems, and procedures to carry out responsibilities and accomplish the department’s goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to effectively plan and execute various operational audits and utilize consistent audit approaches
What you’ll need to thrive:
- 1-3 years of hands-on audit experience, including audit planning techniques and financial analysis skills, or a relevant financial background
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent field
- Hold or be aiming for a CPA/CA, CIA, CMA or CISA certification
- Good time and project management skills
- Be proactive, eager to learn about SOX-related internal controls, and keen to understand and manage stakeholder expectations
- A basic understanding of financial, operational, and/or IT general controls
- Excellent communication skills for engaging confidently with stakeholders from several business areas and decision makers within the company
- Fluency in English (our company language)
Stand out with:
- Experience working with Sarbanes Oxley (COSO-ICFR), SOX 302, 404 etc.
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting or an equivalent field
- Experience working with COSO ERM or similar ERM Framework
- German proficiency
Worried about missing a few requirements? Still apply and express your motivation as you may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
What you can look forward to:
- Enjoy flexible working hours and the generous time-off option offered through our self-determined vacation policy
- Savor your meals with a daily budget of 6.90€ for our canteen, complemented by free snacks and drinks on campus
- Embrace new experiences in Düsseldorf with a relocation package suited to you and your family’s needs
- Free access to Heynanny platform offering customizable nanny assistance in multiple languages for children between the age of 0-14
- Get started with an interest-free newcomer loan of up to 2000€ (Ts&Cs apply)
- Save on commuting costs with a subsidized company ticket for public transportation and campus parking
- Stay fit and active using our free on-campus gym, complete with sports classes
- Hone your development through free access to personal and professional coaches, and psychologists on Likeminded
- Enjoy monthly team events with a 30€ budget per talent
- Access free online learning from platforms like LinkedIn
- Immerse yourself in legendary company events throughout the year
- Achieve work-life harmony through our hybrid model with 2 days per week mobile work
- Satisfy your wanderlust with the opportunity to work from abroad for up to 20 days annually
- Connect with a network of skilled professionals and experts to help you succeed in your career
Thank you for considering a career at trivago! Our commitment to fostering an inclusive and enriching environment for all talents is at the heart of what we do. We understand that embarking on a new job opportunity is a blend of excitement and curiosity. Should any questions arise before you apply, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join us in our mission to make a positive impact on global travel, we look forward to your application!