Data Engineer Intern
At trivago, we believe that finding the perfect hotel can be simpler and more convenient. Our leading metasearch engine is super fast and constantly optimized - enabling millions of travelers to easily search for hotels across several booking sites and find the best deals. Complemented by cutting-edge technology, real-time auction, and machine learning techniques, we use petabytes of data to create an exceptional user experience, delivering attractive hotel deals in one search. This experience is only made possible, thanks to our skilled talents united in our campus in Düsseldorf, Germany and working to shape the future of travel.
Join us in making a difference
trivago is a data-driven company. The quality of our decisions depend - among other factors - on the accuracy of the data we process. Due to our presence in many countries, we collect terabytes of data every day. Our Data Foundation team creates and manages key data assets used across the company. The team also owns and builds systems that extract, parse, store, and manage business-critical data and pipelines. We are looking for a student who knows the fundamentals of programming and loves learning by doing to join our team and help us automate our data extraction and integration. If you're interested in data engineering tools, love to work with data, and have a technical mind, don’t hesitate to apply!
How you'll make an impact:
- Help to automate the extraction & integration of data across data sources & systems
- Support in the migration of data workloads to the cloud
- Contribute to reference testing initiatives across data pipelines in different cloud environments
- Help the team to retrieve information either manually or by creating scripts to automate the process
- Monitor our data systems to ensure functionality, exactness, and consistency of processed data
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Good understanding of SQL
- Working knowledge of one programming language
- Comfortability analyzing and working with data
- Familiarity with data and web technologies
- Understanding and knowledge of ETL and data pipelines and cloud technologies like GCP, Azure, AWS
What you can look forward to:
- Enjoy flexible working hours and at least 12.5 paid vacation days during a 6-months internship
- Savor your meals with a daily budget of 6.90€ for our canteen, complemented by free snacks and drinks on campus
- Stay fit and active using our free on-campus gym, complete with sports classes
- Achieve work-life harmony through our hybrid model with 2 days per week mobile work
- Save on commuting costs with a subsidized company ticket for public transportation and campus parking
- Support your development through free access to personal and professional coaches, and psychologists on Likeminded
- Enjoy monthly team events with a 30€ budget per talent
- Join educational campus meetups with colleagues and externals, fostering valuable learning and networking experiences
- Access free online learning from platforms like LinkedIn.
- Prepare for the job market by actively working on impactful tasks and projects
- Connect with a network of skilled professionals and experts to help you succeed in your career
Thank you for considering a career at trivago! Our commitment to fostering an inclusive and enriching environment for all talents is at the heart of what we do. We understand that embarking on a new job opportunity is a blend of excitement and curiosity. Should any questions arise before you apply, feel free to reach out to us at . Join us in our mission to make a positive impact on global travel, we look forward to your application!