Software Engineer II
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Imagine the impact you could have on the millions of vacations booked at Tripadvisor. Tripadvisor is the largest travel site in the world with hundreds of millions of unique visitors on a monthly basis and hundreds of millions of user reviews.
Full stack engineering on our SEO (search engine optimization) team means integral participation in our web framework development, iterative testing, analytics, monitoring and data science on our comprehensive datasets. Our SEO team has developed a data/test driven approach to understanding how we interact with search engines, users and the many complex interactions between them. SEO is no longer just page-rank, it’s evolved into a highly competitive landscape including both user experience metrics as well as site content and structure. You will be working with some of the best SEO practitioners in the space utilizing extensive PB sized datasets to understand what is working and how it works. Curiosity and a willingness to dig deeply into both our success and failures and those of our competitors is key to being successful.
As part of the SEO team dedicated to restaurants, you’ll largely focus on helping users find the best places to eat and drink on Tripadvisor. You will work closely with our product teams, SEO analysts and UX researchers dedicated to restaurants. As part of this team, you will have an opportunity to impact every traveler looking for a great dining experience.
Day to day work as a software engineer on the team will have you collaborating across the company on some of the highest profile projects on Tripadvisor. As an SEO engineer, you will be challenged to solve new problems every day, touching code on many different Tripadvisor surfaces. Tripadvisor doesn’t have centralized architects, with engineers of all levels having the opportunity to design solutions and solicit feedback from their peers. You will also help our team of SEO analysts explore the large datasets using both inhouse tools and off-the-shelf analytics software. Our team has the distinction of both ensuring users continue to find Tripadvisor in organic search through planning their trip, and ensuring they have a great site experience once they've landed.
What you will do:
- Take on projects with independence and a mandate to leave things better than you found them.
- Participate in the planning and initial steps for key changes on the site
- Be pragmatic when solving problems with a deep understanding of the purpose and goal of your work.
- Touch code at all levels, front end to back end, data analysis whatever is required to complete your project.
- Be integral for the code quality on your team through leadership in design and code review.
- Be a mentor for others on the team.
- Help bring the team's technical knowledge and solutions to the engineering organization via tech talks and design reviews.
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience as a professional engineer.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Prior experience on executing self driven projects successfully
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Some exposure to the following technologies a plus: Java, React, GraphQL, SQL, Postgres, Linux, Python, Gradle, BERT, Snowflake, Kafka, AWS
- Passionate about solving business problems, perhaps you come from an entrepreneurial background
- Experience working with and processing large quantities of data
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com