Senior Data Analyst (Viator)
The team is split into three areas; Fraud Operations, Chargeback Operations, and Fraud Systems / Analytics. This role sits within the Fraud Systems / Analytics team although you’ll be working closely with the wider team as well as other business areas.
What you’ll do:
You will have access to the newest development tools and huge data sets covering everything from fraud system transactional data to page click data.
- Be comfortable working on a wide variety of requests across 3 main areas;
- Reporting on operational team metrics and performance
- Analysing data in order to understand root causes of fraud issues, articulate the losses, and help provide justification for systematic fixes in collaboration with the rest of the team
- Work in an ultra-fast paced environment by providing analytical support with the immediate response to fraud incidents as they occur.
- Be creative and efficient in the modelling approach using rich and large datasets
- Employ/automate reporting tools to measure and alert of changes in key metrics
- Assist with ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to our fast-growing business as it evolves.
- Proactively seek out opportunities hidden in our or industry data. Articulate your findings into suggested actions for operations, our product and/or other teams.
Who we are looking for
- Experience : 2+ years' experience in an analytical role (ideal backgrounds include: a similar Data Analyst role at an online retailer ideally with experience working with fraud or chargebacks data)
- Bachelor's Degree in an analytical field (maths, economics, engineering, statistics, etc.), Master’s Degree a plus.
- Or professional experience demonstrating an equal level of ability
- Proactive not reactive, with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter - with the ability to take a loosely defined issue, ask the right questions, explore / investigate data and then turn it into a story / provide context.
- Top performer with a proven track record of success.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Unwavering attention to detail.
- You live in cloud-based SQL platforms, Excel, Tableau and a few other useful tools of the data trade.
- A start-up mentality, roll your sleeves up and get things done.
- Confident with learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies
- You should be comfortable using SQL to analyse data from extremely large data sets
- Joining together different sources of information
- Deduplicating and standardising data to ensure accurate analysis
- Using subqueries to build calculations upon calculations
- Creating tables, views and uploading data from other sources on an ad-hoc basis
- Navigating around performance issues by paying close attention to table partitioning etc
- You should be able to read code written by others and be able to provide feedback for making the query quality better (know best practices).
- Competitive compensation packages (routinely benchmarked against the latest industry data), including base salary, annual bonus, and equity.
- “Work your way” with flexibility to suit your lifestyle. Viator takes a remote-friendly approach to collaboration across a worldwide team, with the option to join on-site as often as you’d like.
- Flexible schedule. Work-life balance is ingrained in our culture by design. Trust and accountability make it work.
- Donation matching. Give back? Give more! We match qualifying charitable donations annually.
- Tuition assistance. Want to level up your career? We love to hear it! Receive annual support for qualified programs.
- Lifestyle benefit. An annual benefit to spend on yourself. Use it on travel, wellness, or whatever suits you.
- Travel perks. We believe that travel is employee development, so we provide discounts and more.
- Employee assistance program. We’re here for you with resources and programs to help you through life’s challenges.
- Health benefits. We offer great coverage and competitive premiums.
- We aspire to lead. Tap into your talent, ambition, and knowledge to bring us – and you – to new heights.
- We’re relentlessly curious. We push beyond the usual, the known, the “that’s just how it’s done.”
- We’re better together. We learn from, accept, respect, support, and value one another– and are creating something remarkable in the process.
- We serve our customers, always. We listen, question, respond, and strive for wow moments.
- We strive for better, not perfect. We won’t get it right the first time – or every time. We’ll provide a safe environment in which to make mistakes, iterate, improve, and grow.
- Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
If you need a reasonable accommodation or support during the application or the recruiting process due to a medical condition or disability, please reach out to your individual recruiter or send an email to AccessibleRecruiting@Tripadvisor.com and let us know the nature of your request. Please include the job requisition number in your message.