Senior Software Engineer (Back End) - Trip planning
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We’re looking for a backend developer to join our Trip Planning team. The Trip Planning team at Tripadvisor is responsible for innovating, launching and maintaining our industry leading Trips product (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Trips). We have a fun, friendly and innovation focused environment where the key objective is getting things done. Our engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration.
Across TripAdvisor, we’ve worked hard to create an atmosphere of “Better Together” – focusing on fast and efficient processes, shipping products quickly and doing everything to avoid big company paralysis. This is a very bottom-up organization and your voice is always important. We trust our engineers to come up with, implement and take responsibility for their own designs. Everybody is an owner.
Do you like building world class infrastructures to enable a fast and dynamic team? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
What You’ll Do
- Code! Our engineers focus on doing what they enjoy most and do best, writing code.
- Learn about release management in addition to working with the code.
- Support code at every level – while the focus is active backend development, you’ll also be working closely with the front-end team and be a part of the same process.
- Operate across our evolving backend technology stack.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- Collaborate closely with Product and design teams to define feature specifications and develop high quality deliverables for our customers.
- Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world.
- Work with engineering peers on various architecture ideas that would have an impact on the Tripadvisor organization.
Skills & Experience
- At least 6 years’ full stack experience working with and on REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience using Java 11+
- Experience using PostgreSQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Spring Boot knowledge/experience
- Experience working in AWS and Cloud Infrastructure
- Kotlin experience
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
If you need a reasonable accommodation or support during the application or the recruiting process due to a medical condition or disability, please reach out to your individual recruiter or send an email to AccessibleRecruiting@Tripadvisor.com and let us know the nature of your request . Please include the job requisition number in your message.