Lead Analyst, Experiences Analytics
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there. Join Tripadvisor, where teamwork, diversity, and innovation drive our journey to redefine the travel industry.
Tripadvisor is seeking a lead analyst for our Experiences Analytics team. The Experiences business is a crucial, high-growth area for Tripadvisor, with many exciting and challenging ongoing initiatives. In this role, you will contribute to these initiatives by analyzing different types of data ranging from traffic, clickstream, or sales data, to partnership and supply data to provide actionable insights to product and operations teams to help them make strong business decisions. Your scope is global and so are your stakeholders and your team.
You are an experienced analyst who is passionate about using data responsibly and effectively to uncover insights and make quick decisions. You enjoy challenging yourself, learning new skills and tools, and working closely with stakeholders and other analysts. You are comfortable diving into complex datasets and requests with limited instruction, and you’re a strong communicator who can adjust your output and presentations to tailor them to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What You'll Do
- Lead strategic projects that apply creative and advanced analytics approaches to gain a deeper understanding of our customers, partners and holistic business performance
- Advise on test design (A/B, multivariate, etc.), analyze test results to measure the impact of site changes, and make recommendations to stakeholders
- Provide timely insights and analytics support to internal stakeholders (including product management, supply/operations, merchandising, marketing, engineering, and finance teams) to make data-driven decisions
- Use clickstream, transactional, finance, and supply data to identify sources of traffic and which products, content and functionality users are engaging with
- Enable stakeholders to access data and monitor KPIs by building and maintaining data pipelines and dashboard reporting
- Work with data engineering teams to ensure that reliable and timely data is available for analyses and reporting
- Coach and mentor junior data analysts to upgrade team skills, provide training and develop standard processes and methods
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in data analysis
- Education: Bachelor's Degree, with coursework in an analytical field (math, economics, engineering, statistics, etc.) or quantitative research experience
- Strong expertise with SQL and Tableau (or similar business intelligence tools)
- Experience building data pipelines
- Comfortable working with large datasets and clickstream data
- Experience with AB test design and results interpretation
- Experience with Python for data analysis (NumPy, Pandas, Seaborn etc.)
- Nice to have: Experience with Snowflake, R, mobile app analytics, and/or clickstream tracking, and working with both 1st party and 3rd party data
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.