Software Engineer II
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
The Trust & Safety Moderation and Fraud team is at the very heart of Tripadvisor. Our mission is to help build and maintain trust in our brand and preserve our brand integrity. We are responsible for developing and maintaining complex processing systems and UI tools that help do that.
We are looking for a Software Engineer II to join our remote team of backend engineers. In this role, you will be contributing to projects to build out product features and modernize our platform and UI tooling.
As a Software Engineer II, you will independently develop features in support of our products across all layers of the stack. You will be responsible for designing relational databases, microservices, APIs, and interactive user interfaces. Through your work you will grow expertise in one or more technologies and share your learnings with your team. You will be responsible for testing the software you write and will maintain your features once released. As a Software Engineer II, you will actively provide code reviews to your peers, ensuring that team standards and best practices are adhered to. Similarly, you will actively seek feedback from your peers and promote a collaborative and fast-paced engineering culture. You will sometimes provide mentorship to more junior engineers to help them succeed. Please note: this is a permanent employee position, not a B2B contract.
What you will do:
- Design and implement the technical solutions for projects
- Work closely with stakeholders (e.g. product and data analysts) to define feature specifications
- Be responsible for the quality of code you ship
- Actively provide feedback on best practices and design patterns to your peers in the form of code reviews
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, operations and maintenance
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- Experience and skills in designing and building Java-based programs and applications
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Cloud Platform experience (AWS) and knowledge of some IaC framework
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org