Senior Marketing Data Analyst
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there. Join Tripadvisor, where teamwork, diversity, and innovation drive our journey to redefine the travel industry.
Within the Tripadvisor Analytics team, the only thing we love more than travel is data. We slice it, we dice it, and we use it to empower our decision-making. The CRM and Growth Marketing Analytics team is seeking an Analyst who has the skills and experience to support numerous end users from an analytics and measurement perspective. This role will be pivotal in informing the marketing roadmap and driving Tripadvisor’s growth and engagement by providing the highest quality data-driven insights. We are looking for someone who is proactive and hands-on, thrives on large datasets and is capable of contributing to the longer-term strategy and vision for Analytics at Tripadvisor.
Today we have colleagues spread around the globe, from Lisbon, France, London, Boston, California, to India. We hang out virtually to get work done or to have fun like competing with each other in trivia. Come and join us.
What You'll Do
- Use your problem solving and analytical skills to translate complex business questions into actionable data insights and opportunities to drive engagement and growth.
- Work with large datasets to synthesize data for analysis and reporting and be responsible for data quality, accuracy, and completeness.
- Collaborate with Marketers to define metrics and measurement strategies for campaigns. Build dashboards to communicate both strategic and tactical impact.
- Recommend the best course of action by performing deep analysis on A/B tests, user behavior, and performance of cross-channel campaigns. Develop a story based on learnings and present it to cross-functional teams including marketing, product, and finance.
- Build strong relationships with the marketing team to understand the business needs and work on the highest priority projects.
- Learn new tools, technologies, and analytical methodologies. Maintain a working knowledge of data mining and visualization best practices.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Business, or related fields.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in data analysis, with a preference for marketing within a data-driven company.
- Proficiency in SQL and Tableau (or similar business intelligence tools) is essential.
- Experience in Python and R is desirable.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Working experience with large-scale data is a must.
- Exposure to web/app clickstream tools such as Google Analytics and Omniture, digital marketing tools including AdWords, Simon data, mobile analytics tools such as Appsflyer, Amplitude, Braze, and so on would be advantageous.
- Exposure to statistical methods is desirable.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.