Director of Customer Value Management
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by 390 million travellers each month, and our Experiences business, Viator, is a fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organisation.
At Viator, the ob Descriptiononly thing we love more than travel is data. We slice it, we dice it, and we use it to empower our decision making.
As the Director of Customer Lifecycle Management, you will be responsible for overseeing the creation and implementation of strategies that maximise customer value and loyalty, globally. You will be joining us at an exciting time, as our fast (acquisition) growth means we need a strong, proven leader to help us build and scale capabilities around our customer base.
Your primary responsibility will be to strategize, design, and implement best in class lifecycle programs and communication, driven by building a solid foundation of customer data and customer analytics. The scope of the B2C CVM team you will lead stretches from acquisition (lead generation) to the entire CVM lifecycle of nurture, growth, and retention. Globally and across all our product categories.
By leveraging data-driven insights and innovative techniques, you will drive customer loyalty, satisfaction, and advocacy, ultimately leading to increased revenue and customer lifetime value.
This role requires a strategic thinker, a hands-on problem solver, and someone with strong mastery of performance data. This role also requires a collaborative leader who can work well cross-functionally with other teams to coordinate and deliver the end-to-end journey for customers.
Demonstrable personal expertise with customer analytics and customer data is a must, along with lifecycle marketing experience. Proven experience in B2C environments and in building and growing a CVM capability in a fast growth environment is essential.
We have a strong preference for candidates that have travel industry experience, MarTech fluency, and a track record creating and growing CVM programmes such as loyalty, promotions, and services.
What you will be doing
- Develop the Customer Value Management strategy, design the roadmap and capabilities, and manage build and implementation to create a world-class CVM function.
- Lead the marketing team responsible for campaigns, lifecycle comms, and execution through our mix of marketing channels (email, app push, paid, etc)
- Own and drive key commercial metrics such as upsell, cross-sell, and retention. Conduct regular analysis of customer data and trends to identify opportunities for upselling, cross-selling, and revenue growth.
- Create and implement a customer segmentation strategy to deliver personalized experiences and targeted communications across various stages of the customer lifecycle.
- In collaboration with our analytics and data science teams, drive internal mastery of our customer data and analytics data to enable a data-driven decision making culture.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to drive innovation and maintain a competitive edge.
- Collaborate closely with other marketing teams to drive holistic outcomes across customer acquisition and retention, ensuring a seamless transition from prospect to first time customer to loyal customer.
- Lead the strategy and growth plans of our services and solutions aimed at existing customers, across loyalty, content, promotions, and propositions.
Who you are:
We have a core set of Viator values, which all successful candidates must possess, along with the relevant expertise and experience. These are described below.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in one or more of following disciplines: marketing lifecycle management, customer relationship management, customer data & analytics, customer proposition and services.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in leading a Customer Value Management (CVM) function, responsible for orchestrating and coordinating teams in the functions stated in the bullet above.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data and insights to drive decision-making.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing customer lifecycle strategies and programs that resulted in increased customer retention and revenue growth.
- Demonstrated success in building and growing best-in-class capabilities that drive best-in-industry commercial outcomes for a B2C business.
- Results-oriented mindset, and data and analytics fluency for decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high-performing teams, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence.