Software Engineer II (Full Stack, OOP)
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Partner Platform is one of five pillars within Tripadvisor Engineering. It is responsible for building a suite of B2B products that serves restaurant owners and hoteliers alike, and enables them to market their businesses online. We are looking for a full-stack software engineer who can help to build the next generation platform solutions that power our product suite. As a self-starting and results-driven engineer, you will partner with technology leaders and product managers throughout the company to design and build highly performant solutions.
As a Software Engineer II, you will independently develop features and design systems in support of our platform and products across all layers of the stack. You will be responsible for designing relational databases, microservices, APIs, and interactive user interfaces. Through your work you will grow expertise in one or more technologies and share your learnings with your team. You will be responsible for testing the software you write and will maintain your features once released.
As a Software Engineer II, you will actively provide code reviews to your peers, ensuring that team standards and best practices are adhered to. Similarly, you will actively seek feedback from your peers and promote a collaborative and fast-paced engineering culture.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement the technical solutions for projects
- Work closely with our product teams to inform feature specifications
- Be responsible for the quality of code you ship
- Share your projects within the organization through Tech Talks, Demos, and Design Reviews.
- Participate in continuous learning opportunities to enhance and develop your engineering skills
- Actively provide feedback on best practices and design patterns to your peers in the form of code reviews
- Develop, deploy and maintain full stack implementations of owner and consumer-facing features
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, operations and maintenance.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Experience with microservices, cloud-based, event-driven, stateless, serverless architectures and design patterns.
If you need a reasonable accommodation or support during the application or the recruiting process due to a medical condition or disability, please reach out to your individual recruiter or send an email to AccessibleRecruiting@Tripadvisor.com and let us know the nature of your request . Please include the job requisition number in your message.