Senior Software Engineer (iOS)
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Want to be part of a team working on the world’s largest travel platform?
Tripadvisor aims to make everyone a better traveler by creating products that help people around the world plan and have the perfect trip. As part of the team responsible for our Flagship apps, you get to work on products impacting many millions of monthly active visitors worldwide.
During the pandemic our engineering, product, and design teams went back to first principles and redesigned our Flagship native apps and the platforms they run on from the ground up. Our new apps are an engineer’s dream to work with: they embrace component-based server-driven UI and clean architecture; and we are among the first major tech companies to fully rewrite our iOS app using SwiftUI. Come join us and expand upon that solid foundation to empower our native engineering teams to do their best work!
Our Native Product Engineering teams are responsible for features in our Flagship iOS and Android apps that delight millions of travelers around the world. One of these teams is looking for a senior iOS engineer with experience designing, building, and maintaining iOS apps at scale. The ideal candidate would bring excellent communication skills, technical acumen, and a product-mindset.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver high-quality, scalable features to millions of travelers across many countries and languages.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to iterate on new features.
- Practice, uphold, and promote high quality and reliability standards, respect clean code principles, implement unit and integration tests.
- Provide feedback on technical designs and code reviews to ensure the scalability, maintainability, and robustness of our iOS apps.
- Mentor other iOS engineers.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 6 years of experience with iOS development.
- Experience with Clean Architecture.
- Experience with large, multi-module projects.
- Experience with dependency injection.
- Solid understanding of MVVM.
- Good understanding of reactive programming.
- Experience in shipping mobile products.
- User-centric mindset.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with SwiftUI.
- Experience with server-driven UIs.
- Experience with GraphQL.
If you need a reasonable accommodation or support during the application or the recruiting process due to a medical condition or disability, please reach out to your individual recruiter or send an email to AccessibleRecruiting@Tripadvisor.com and let us know the nature of your request . Please include the job requisition number in your message.