Senior Security Engineer - (Viator)
Viator’s mission is to bring more wonder into the world. To bring extraordinary, unexpected, and forever-memorable experiences to more people, more often, wherever they’re travelling, wherever they are. In doing so, Viator elevates thousands of businesses, large and small, along the way.
We’re the largest marketplace of our kind: a single place where travellers can book more than 300,000 tours, experiences and activities.
The Viator Engineering Platform Team is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer with a blend of software engineering and security engineering skills. In this role you will be part of the Security and Compliance Engineering team working to improve a core part of our Engineering Platform, ensuring developers have the right tools, processes, and environment to identify, prevent, detect, respond to and recover from security issues.
Our team's purpose is to enable the wider engineering team to build systems that justify the trust we all need to keep, whilst we all deliver our company mission. We offer both products and services to the rest of the engineering team to help meet this aim.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement a vulnerability management program integrating our existing sources of vulnerability data.
- Consult with product engineering or other engineering platform teams to integrate security and compliance best practices into their engineering designs.
- Implement tools for automating security processes (e.g. secrets management)
- Lead our security champions programme
- You will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions and grow as a senior software engineer.
- Evangelise security and compliance best practices for engineers and lead the innovation across the wider engineering team.
- Collaborate and work closely with product engineers and product owners to understand their context and co-design appropriate solutions which balance feature delivery and quality
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience working as a software or systems engineer
- Scripting (shell or python) or object oriented language like Java
- Experience with security and familiarity with security best practices in at
least one domain including internet facing apis (e.g. rest, graphql), web
applications, aws hosted infrastructure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to write documentation
and align internal team members
- Confidence to participate in technical discussions with engineering
colleagues and in business discussions with anyone from the CEO on
- The ability to guide and mentor other members within the team and
improve the way we collaborate, learn, and share ideas
- Experience with security tooling, automation, scripting
Nice to haves
- Leading security initiatives impacting an engineering platform
- Experience working with a DevOps approach for delivery and operations
- Demonstrated experience developing AWS or other cloud native
- Experience with CI/CD , Gitlab and Terraform
- You've discovered innovative solutions to eliminate repetitive manual
tasks and you're enthusiastic about sharing these with your team and
- Experience working with build tooling
- Docker or other containerisation, kubernetes cluster and orchestration
- SQL / NoSQL data stores
- Familiarity with web applications and HTTP servers
- Familiarity with the PCI DSS
What You’ll Get
Highly competitive salary along with the following:
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Flexible working hours & hybrid working, with a minimum of 1 day per week in the Oxford or London office
- Free meals in the office
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 25 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
- £1,050 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer.
- 30 minute call with a recruiter to learn more about the role
- 45 minute technical interview with someone from the Viator Engineering team
- Three one-hour interviews with members of the team, covering technical topics - including some coding - and what you would bring to Viator.