The Viator Engineering team is distributed across Europe and is responsible for Viator.com
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our fast-growing team in a hybrid-working setup based out of the Lisbon TripAdvisor office.
Viator is a Tripadvisor company that makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With an industry leading selection of high-quality experiences, Viator gives millions of travellers a month something new to discover, both near and far from home. We believe that we are better together, and at Viator we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionise travel and together find the good out there.
Within Viator we have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Working closely alongside product managers and designers, our engineers are part of the full process from software design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again. Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
Viator’s web stack includes Java, React, TypeScript, GraphQL,Kubernetes, SQL and NoSQL databases, and runs on AWS. You don’t need to have experience with everything listed but you do need to be hungry to learn. You will need to have experience of a statically typed, object-oriented language such as Java, C# or C++
What you’ll get
Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Very flexible working hours
- Free meals in the office
- Starting from 1104€ annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 22 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays)
- Holiday break during the last week of the year
- “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer
- Daily meal allowance of 8.80€ per working day
- Access to LinkedIn Learning platform
- 30 minute call with a recruiter to learn more about the role
- 30 minute technical interview with someone from the Viator Engineering team
- Four one-hour interviews with members of the team, covering technical topics - including some coding - and what you would bring to Viator