Senior Software Engineer (Viator)
Viator is a Tripadvisor company that makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With an industry leading selection of high-quality experiences, Viator gives millions of travellers a month something new to discover, both near and far from home.
We believe that we are better together, and at Viator we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Viator’s MarTech and Customer Data Platform Engineering & Operations team creates and maintains the tooling used to bring millions of visitors to viator.com every month where they find unique experiences. The team owns all Marketing data from end-to-end, including data ingestion, transformation and data architecture to ensure best-in-class operational reliability and modularity.
The team is looking for a new Engineer to support Viator’s growing traffic and deliver start-of-the-art MarTech solutions. This role is based in our London office.
What you'll do:
· Apply software engineering best practices to implement and maintain internal tools for managing and reporting marketing accounts.
· Work with cross-functional stakeholders in defining and documenting requirements for building high quality and impactful tools and data products.
· Lead the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools and technologies to improve our productivity as a team.
· Code, test, and document new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for reporting and data analytics.
· Own and document data pipelines, monitoring, data accuracy, SLAs and data lineage.
What you'll need:
· 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
· Strong Java Experience
· Experience with Restful APIs
· Hands-on with Cloud computing technology like Google Cloud, AWS, etc.
· Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team
· Self-motivated with strong problem-solving and self-learning skills
· SQL experience; comfortable with complex queries
What you’ll get
Highly competitive salary along with the following
· Annual performance related bonus
· Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
· Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
· Very flexible working hours
· £15 Daily Deliveroo voucher in office
· Full family private healthcare and dental
· Excellent contributory pension
· Critical illness and full life cover
· Standard 28 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
· £1050 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
· “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer