Associate Director, Product Design
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We believe travel brings out the best in us, opens our eyes to the world and connects us to each other. Millions of people visit our site and app every month, looking for guidance in planning their next trip. Where to go? What will it be like? Will it be worth it? As Product Designers, we can help take the anxiety out of their travel planning, answer their questions, and more importantly, inspire and empower them to explore the world with confidence.
We’re looking for an Associate Director of Product Design to play a critical role in shaping our digital experience. You’ll work alongside a team of world-class designers, engineers, product managers, and content creators to design for the 450 million+ travelers across the globe that travel with us monthly.
What you’ll do:
- Be an advocate of the design system and contribute to its maintenance and growth
- Be a driver of forward-thinking design across Tripadvisor web and app experiences
- Be a collaborative subject matter expert, actively sharing design principles, approaches, and inspiration with the team and within the organization
- Partner closely with designers, product managers, engineer and researchers to translate user goals into elegant, memorable design solutions for travelers
- Lead multiple projects across the product lifecycle and present design rationale in a convincing manner
- Ensure designs and user interfaces deliver on core product strategy and vision
- Manage designers; effectively delegate and set expectations for the work and help guide their careers
- Lead team culture; encouraging debate and welcoming different perspectives
- Break down open-ended opportunities into actionable next steps; work with team to realize ideas with the appropriate level of detail and fidelity at every phase
- Collaborate on user testing sessions with members of the UX Research team
- Operate across projects with different speeds and effectively balance big thinking and timely execution
What You Have
- 7+ years of design experience across mobile and web at consumer-focused brands or agencies
- 3+ years of management experience, mentoring and developing design talent
- A passion for design systems and methods of operationalizing it throughout the org
- Incredible design chops with proven experience shipping data-informed, customer-centric products
- Experience designing for iOS and Android platforms
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion
- Excellent communication skills, conviction, and a strong design point of view
- A passion for travel
- Portfolio that showcases your contribution to digital products and demonstrates originality, innovation, and strong problem solving skills
- Experience using Figma
The salary range for this role is $180,000 to $200,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. An employee’s pay position within the wage range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs. This compensation range may also be modified in the future.