Senior Business Analyst
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.4 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our amazing Controllership team and help us to continue improving our processes and have accurate data on the ERP.
This role’s mission will be:
- You will be the owner of the corresponding P&L and BS accounts (Revenue, COS, Suppliers balance) in: the internal company system, Traveldesk; company books, Netsuite ; Our Business Intelligence Tool, Looker.
- Build a strong and fluid relationship with the Builders squads and Supplier Relations staff, being the link between Trade and the Finance department
- The main objective of Finance is to pass the audit with an unqualified opinion. Collaborate with the rest of the team to make this happen year over year.
What will you be doing?
- Perform different type of tasks for Month-end and year end closing
- Perform weekly/monthly Balance Sheet Accounts reconciliations for your assigned vertical and the subsequent analysis of its discrepancies.
- Calculate and post manual journals at month end related to revenue&CoS of the providers you oversee with appropriate and complete supporting documentation.
- Supporting the business growth in an organized and controlled way. Responsible for reviewing the business deals/contracts with new and/or modifications with flight providers, assessing them from a financial perspective and making sure they align to the financial strategy.
- Drive the implementation of financial controls in your vertical processes, with the backup documentation.
- Take the initiative to optimize work papers and processes
- Provide support to junior analysts and review their work
- Participating in generic finance projects and other adhoc vertical specific projects
What will you need to succeed?
- +4 years of experience in accounting and analysis
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets, including skills in vlookups, pivot tables, and more
- Previous experience within the travel industry will be a plus
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Analytical thinker and detailed oriented
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitude – we own our processes, be proactive and accountable as we look to find solutions, not problems. Be proud of what you produce and achieve
- Sense of initiative, with a winning mentality.
- An innovative and enthusiastic individual looking to make an impact
- Growth mindset – adapt to the dynamic nature of a fast-paced business – assist with scalable solutions as we navigate projects across the Controllership team to grow the business and improve our processes.
- Tech awareness – active interest in technology and automation – we constantly strive to improve and automate our policies so that we operate world class processes.
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - We offer 16 paid hours per year that you can use to give back to society by volunteering for a charity of your choice.
- 🌎 "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
- 📚 IRL English or Spanish Lessons are held in the Barcelona office.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
For certain roles, we provide relocation assistance. Please specify your need for this in your application, and we will evaluate the possibility on a case-by-case basis. English is our official office language, so we request that resumes be submitted in English for effective communication.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.