Account Management Support Agent
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you're ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for an Account Management Support Agent who is customer oriented and result driven to join our Account Management Team in TravelPerk.
In this role, you will be focusing on our managed SMB customers, who typically spend between £500K - £1.5M per year on business travel. You will build strong relationships with a portfolio of clients, ensuring they are well looked after and have a point of contact in case of problems.
As an AM Support Agent, you will manage the Account Management salesforce queue and offer our clients a high level of customer service for general queries, complaints and requests.
What you will do:
- Manage the Account Management team salesforce & intercom queue;
- Take calls on the general Account Management phone line - both internal and external;
- Be first point of contact for the slack ask-am channel;
- Support the Account Managers on requests received from customers requiring investigation;
- Respond to customers’ basic general queries, amend and update the platform as per customer requests;
- Investigate and handle complaints from customers;
- Be responsible for responding to all NPS detractor comments, logging feedback and escalating concerns to the relevant account manager when appropriate;
- Process daily traveller tracking files;
- Process customer profiles on a regular basis in line with agreements made with customers;
- Process simple configuration and custom field requests from customers and/or Account Managers;
- The first point of contact for any customer setup queries from the customer support team;
- Provide remote/web-based training to customers on how to use our platform if required and the relevant account manager is unable to host;
- Complete weekly Airplus queries;
- Provide support to team managers on unmanaged customers;
- Monitor news / social media for potential disruptions, with a view to sending out travel alerts;
- Liaise with hotels to arrange the successful setup of customer corporate rates into our platform;
- Place periodic calls to small spending clients to gain feedback, and ensure they are satisfied with Click Travel.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in Customer Success or Account management roles;
- Tech/Travel industry background will be nice to have;
- Good communication skills, well organised and used to working to tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Obsessed with providing an excellent service to our customers and passionate about teamwork;
- A friendly and professional telephone manner;
- Confidence in interacting with customers on the telephone;
- Must be detailed, focused and comfortable working on own initiative (with support initially);
- Able to use own initiative to overcome problems;
- Flexible with doing other tasks;
- Professional attitude when dealing with suppliers, customers and fellow colleagues;
- Ability to work from our hub in Birmingham
Bonus points for:
- Good understanding of our platform from an end user perspective;
- Good understanding of business travel;
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - We offer 16 paid hours per year that you can use to give back to society by volunteering for a charity of your choice.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be within commuting distance of our Birmingham hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
For certain roles, we provide relocation assistance. Please specify your need for this in your application, and we will evaluate the possibility on a case-by-case basis. English is our official office language, so we request that resumes be submitted in English for effective communication.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.