Hotels Market Manager UKI
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.4 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for a Senior Supplier Relations Manager to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for a portfolio of suppliers, securing content dedicated to TravelPerk. It is a multi-faceted position, providing end-to-end supplier management, encompassing negotiations, contract execution, business development, and with strong autonomy to manage and maximize the portfolio of suppliers.
- Supplier relationship management - Develop, maintain and balance supplier relationships while maximizing revenue opportunities for TravelPerk.
- Ensure best content from flight, car and rail suppliers.
- Effective negotiation - Lead the negotiation of agreements with suppliers on behalf of TravelPerk while having a good understanding of all contract implications and impact on the business.
- Implementation of strategies for strengthening and developing suppliers relations to guarantee the highest quality of inventory.
- Revenue focus - Analyze, identify and direct the execution of additional revenue opportunities
- Ensuring that commercial development commitments from suppliers are executed:
- Expected commissions are being paid in line with the expectations.
- Expected costs are aligned with contractual obligations.
- Monitor and report on portfolio performance.
- Provide the team with a revenue and cost forecasting of the profile.
- Supplier onboarding into TravelPerk, ensuring all affected departments are being considered when bringing new suppliers.
- Understand clients needs and how they can be supported from a supplier perspective.
- Collaborate functionally and regionally with all relevant departments (operations, customer management, data, business development) to align strategies, generate commitment and optimize results.
- Business travel might be required from time to time.
- Identify inventory gaps in your own markets/regions.
- Analyse the opportunity of integrating with other suppliers and prioritise them.
- Ensure the Sales team has a clear understanding of our ground transportation product.
- Keep track of GMV and revenues generated by each supplier.
- Manage contract renewals and renegotiate conditions when needed.
- Sell marketing opportunities.
- Conduct business review by video call and/or on-site for larger partners.
- Manage back office requirements to ensure those relationships.
- Work with the Sales team to present clients with different suppliers that can help them improve their travel spend.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in travel industry, preferably working in TMCs but open to all travel backgrounds.
- Strong familiarity with regional hotel brands specially in the UK market.
- In-depth knowledge of travel online & B2B distribution and its evolving landscape.
- Understanding of connectivity and API integrations.
- Understanding of travel distribution and revenue management principles.
- Strong negotiation skills and a consultative approach.
- High degree of financial discernment and business acumen with a demonstrated ability to translate data into concrete conclusions and recommendations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English to be able to negotiate with suppliers, German language goes as a plus.
On top of that, we are looking for the following attributes:
- True owner - You assume responsibility and commitment to tight, challenging deadlines.
- Data-driven and reporting mindset - You talk through numbers, and only use opinions when the search for data showed no results.
- Continuous improvement is part of your DNA.
- You are used to planning and working with data to meet your goals. You also embrace the startup fast-pace and take the “better done than perfect” approach when required.
- Self-organised, proactive and strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done.
- Whatever the problem, you are always part of the solution, either solo or as a part of your team.
- You are always willing to help a colleague, regardless of it being your responsibility or not.
- Your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, and care more about the team’s success than your career gains.
- You seek feedback early and often while being open to constructive and direct criticism.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company,
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge,
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location,
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary,
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs,
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing,
- Exponential growth opportunities.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Remember to submit an updated resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.