Product Manager, Acquisition team
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
The pandemic has changed the way we live, work and travel. We’re helping companies and workers adapt to this new reality (and revolutionizing a market worth $1.3 trillion) by building a platform for connecting people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnB, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries. Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year, we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we’re shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
About the role
At TravelPerk, we believe in empowering cross-functional teams of talented individuals who are accountable for and dedicated to delivering exceptional results for our customers and the company. As a Product Manager, you will be the architect of value creation by working with stakeholders, customers, and your team to identify opportunities, translate them into a product strategy, and then oversee the execution of the work, iteratively testing hypotheses and correcting course to achieve your goals.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading! TravelPerk is building and developing a best-in-class SaaS product and we need a Product Manager who wants to join our journey!
As a Product Manager at TravelPerk you’ll take ownership for one or more areas of our product. Together with your team(s), you’ll build an inspiring, insight-driven strategy and continuously ship value and positive impact for our customers
What you’ll do
- Insight generation: Using quantitative and qualitative insight generation to understand the biggest opportunities for impact, sharing these with stakeholders and turning them into strategies
- Articulate and communicate the context and vision for your product areas, in a way which motivates your teams and brings clarity to your stakeholders.
- Define strategies that communicate why a problem needs tackling, how it is going to be tackled and the metrics used to judge impact.
- Work closely with internal teams, including developers, designers, and operations, to execute your strategy at speed and incrementally deliver value.
- Answer incoming questions about your area of the product and provide relevant training, including facilitating the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- You’ll practice a servant-leadership style to help your teams achieve a high-performing state. You’ll shield the makers from external distractions and optimise their environment and ways of working for enhanced velocity, impact, product mindset and a great culture.
- Help us grow a 7-star product organisation. You’ll constantly be learning to develop your personal craft, and to uncover (and spread) new ideas and inspiration among your colleagues.
- You’ll also mentor and train fellow product managers and associates. You may also take on line management responsibilities for a small group of PMs.
What you’ll need
We need someone who has a proven track record of bringing incredible products to life with a data-driven and user-centric approach. Your background will include:
- A proven track record of 3+ years as a Product Manager. Experience in user acquisition or managing marketing products would be beneficial but not necessary.
- Experience in developing and delivering strategies for localised product offerings including a deep understanding of balancing consistency and scalability with competing across multiple marketplaces.
- Demonstrate a data driven approach to your decision making and strategies. Using data to optimise your product journeys and have a specific understanding of the limitations brought to experimentation working with B2B SaaS products.
- Experience working with top of funnel solutions such as headless CMS systems and other third-party integrations including lead enrichment and marketing automation tools.
- Great understanding of how to build software products with a demonstrated ability to break down complex projects into smaller milestones adding incremental value.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your proposal in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Strong track-record of stakeholder engagement across disciplines and levels. Confidence in working with senior stakeholders across different business functions including Marketing, Sales, Legal and Engineering.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Edinburgh hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.