Business Travel Consultant - German Speaking
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.4 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for experienced, hands-on German speaking - Business Travel Consultant passionate about people and about making an impact. Our Customer Care team is one of the foundations of our company's success and growth. We hire empathetic people who understand what we are trying to achieve: Make business travellers happy!
Are you a problem solver and an empathetic professional driven by customer experience? Are you tired of companies that take their customers for granted? Ready to go the extra mile to help us to grow by changing the way organisations book and manage their business travel?
If your answer to all these questions is YES - Read on!
As a Business Travel Consultant, you will work with B2B customers and be part of a strategic team at TravelPerk. You will have a direct impact on our growth and customer retention. You will act proactively and address our clients’ needs at any stage of their travels, ensuring high customer satisfaction and maintaining relationships at a 7 Star satisfaction standard.
Please note: working hours for this role will be mostly during weekdays mornings and afternoons.
What you will do:
- Support our B2B customers in their Business Travels
- Liaise with suppliers and partners to resolve booking issues
- Keep high satisfaction standards and exceed customer expectations as much as possible when managing bookings, queries and requests
- Resolve problems by applying established TravelPerk policies, procedures and tactics, and also by thinking out-of-the-box when anything established is not enough
- Addressing, preempting and solving problems - You are an owner and anticipate issues before they come your way!
- Help define and establish best practices together with the rest of the team in sales, operations and customer care
- Stay up-to-date with new features and product launches in TravelPerk - there are lots so be prepared for some serious innovation!
What you’ll need to have:
- Excellent German and English, spoken and written
- Proven experience in working with Amadeus GDS Cars, Hotels and Trains
- Proven experience in working with Amadeus GDS flights, another GDS will be a plus
- Proven background working in the business travel industry is a plus
- Proven experience going above and beyond to provide an amazing service to help customers
What we always look for:
- Independent and autonomous. You don’t need hand-holding to get things done
- Good prioritisation and focus skills
- Empathy - understand what our customers need
- Smart, fast learner and tech savvy
- Flexible and able to adapt to constant changes with a positive mindset
- You are open to get and give constructive feedback
- You want to learn - we have a 7 Star management team to mentor you!
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and don’t get lost in less important ideas that are floating around
- You LOVE Travel!
What do we offer?
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be within commuting distance of our Barcelona or Berlin hubs. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
For certain roles, we provide relocation assistance. Please specify your need for this in your application, and we will evaluate the possibility on a case-by-case basis. English is our official office language, so we request that resumes be submitted in English for effective communication.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.