Senior Content Designer
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for an experienced content designer to join our team. Content design is at the heart of our design process and you'll be working side-by-side with product designers, product managers, engineers, and user researchers to shape the future of business travel.
As a senior, you’ll be leading strategic content improvement projects across your tribe and squads. You're an ideal candidate if you're just as happy supporting the product strategy and setting standards you are crafting clear and concise interface copy and helpful error messages. You’ll do your best work in an environment that requires proactive and independent self-direction as much as collaboration and open communication.
What you will do:
- Be the content lead for your squads and tribe and partner with multidisciplinary teams of product designers, product managers, user researchers, and engineers to build user-centered experiences and content.
- Distill highly complex problems and technical information into clear, simple, and accessible content that meets the needs of our users.
- End-to-end user journey and content mapping to understand pain points and define user needs.
- Build long-term strategic relationships with stakeholders to align on business and user needs.
- Influence decisions, deal with conflicting priorities, and remove blockers.
- Take responsibility for content quality, review the work of others to assure quality, and mentor content colleagues on their writing.
- Be responsible for defining, improving, and implementing efficient processes, collaborative ways of working, and content standards.
- Proactively gather data and insights to build strong evidence for content decisions and direction.
- Instigate and facilitate user research to gain a deep understanding of our users and define how our language and content will meet their needs.
- Lead and facilitate workshops, critiques, and collaboration sessions with stakeholders and peers.
- Effectively communicate content design decisions and rationale to product and design teams and stakeholders.
- Be a vocal and visible advocate for content design best practice and the value it brings to both the user and the business.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in owning content design projects and strategy for digital products.
- A proactive problem solver who is comfortable working in a fast-paced product team.
- A deep understanding of end-to-end journeys and how content is affected within these journeys.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Professional English level with fluent proficiency in English grammar, vocabulary, and familiar with native UK or US English idioms and vernacular.
- A champion of accessible and inclusive content with deep understanding of why it’s important to put it the heart of our user experience.
- Experience in creating, embedding, and maintaining content standards, style guides, and tone of voice guidelines.
- Knowledgeable on latest technology, such as generative AI, and the role of content design in that space.
- Expert communicator of ideas, concepts, and rationale for content decisions to influence stakeholders and strategy.
- Comfortable influencing and conducting user research to improve the quality of content and user experience.
- Examples of how you achieved results on large or complex content design projects from start to finish.
- Passion and affinity for TravelPerk’s mission and values.
Why you’ll love our team
You’ll join a team of 30 Product Designers, Content Designers and Researchers, with multiple nationalities, backgrounds and personalities. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment where feedback, transparency, and support are at the core of what we do. We lean on each others strengths and we save competitiveness for the occasional after-work Pictionary game.
We value autonomy, proactivity, and creativity. We create time, space, and opportunities for you to think, experiment, and share ideas. And we firmly believe in prioritising impact over effort.
Your career and development are supported by our Competency Framework and regular development conversations. We offer a transparent career path - whether you will want to progress as an individual contributor or as a design manager.
Want to know more? Find us at travelperk.design
- A competitive compensation package, including equity options in TravelPerk (amount depends on role).
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Private medical insurance from Bupa and Access to voluntary dental insurance through Bupa. (UK)
- Life insurance with Zurich.
- Discounts on 12-month gym memberships with GymFlex.
- Free access to iFeel - wellbeing resources and calls with therapists.
- 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- A ’work from anywhere’ in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
- Access to a wide variety of discounts and rewards.
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including our spectacular annual summer party.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our London, Edinburgh, or Barcelona hubs. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Remember to submit an updated portfolio and resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.