Sales Executive - US
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is innovative. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and, of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
About the role:
Are you an ambitious and driven sales professional? Do you have a proven track record of success in generating leads and acquiring new accounts in B2B through prospecting and outbound activities? Do you want to work for a game changer in the travel industry?
We are currently expanding our team of Sales Executives in the North American market. Based out of our offices in Boston, Chicago or Miami, you will be an integral team member who will help us to achieve our ambitious goals! You should be a hungry, perseverant, and focused individual who is not afraid to hit the phones and engage with new customers and grow our client base. You will showcase excellent communication, relationship, and negotiation skills which will allow you to not only win new clients but maintain great relationships with existing clients.
We pride ourselves on our fun, challenging, and collaborative culture, so while you will have your own targets you should be just as motivated to help those around you succeed and you should be particularly passionate about helping us scale by selling a disruptive product that is changing the way organizations budget, book and manage their business travel.
How you'll spend your time:
- Managing all outbound and inbound leads for North America
- Presenting demos to potential clients and owning the follow-up until closing the deal - to some extent you will also be responsible for account management but the main focus of the role will be lead generation and closing (Full sales cycle)
- Seeking to understand the needs of your target prospects and articulating the value that TravelPerk provides which is most aligned to the needs of that customer
- Maintaining accurate information on prospects and interaction activities in Salesforce
- Working closely with the Marketing team to develop new ways to increase awareness of TravelPerk and to both evolve and improve the lead qualification process
- Conducting a high-level discussion with a broad variety of stakeholders, from Office Managers to CFO’s, to explain the TravelPerk Value Proposition
- Becoming an expert in TravelPerk and our ever evolving features
We get excited about you if you have:
- 2+ years of experience working in a Sales position, preferably phone based and with a high percentage of hunting involved
- Excellent understanding of a B2B solution selling
- A demonstrated the ability to be a pure hunter - proven track record of developing your own pipeline through outbound initiatives
- A proven track record of developing successful relationships with C-suite executives
- The ability to work remote and be self sufficient, yet bearing in mind you are part of a team
- A customer-centric mindset
- Excellent communication and video presentation skills
- Hunger and ambition, yet are ethically sound
- Strong character and perseverance
- Eligibility to work in the USA
- Based in or willing to relocate to Boston, Chicago or Miami
Bonus points for:
- Travel industry experience
- Previous experience selling SaaS/tech products
- Startup experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in TravelPerk
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability with coverage from your start date
- Financial benefits like 401k with company matching and a HSA plan
- Family services that include adoption benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence and hybrid work availability
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs
- Learning and professional development opportunities
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Boston, Chicago, or Miami hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
TravelPerk doesn’t require academic studies for this position. We select based on experience and potential, not credentials.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.