Group Sales Manager
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is innovative. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
Our dedicated in-house MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences, and events team) team works closely with our customers so their group travel and event needs go off without a hitch by ensuring necessary airfare and hotels are booked to meet each customer’s unique needs. They also negotiate and secure the best rates to save customers time and money.
We’re hiring our first US-based MICE Sales Specialist to serve as primary support for our global customer base, with a focus on our North American customers. You’ll be responsible for working with customers on small to medium size group and MICE requests, while also partnering with Sales and Account Management to highlight the value of the MICE team to customers and sell the add-on service.
We are looking for people with an interest in travel but more importantly committed to providing a 7 star customer experience to our amazing customers. We want to grow our current MICE team with brilliant people who are passionate about working in a collaborative environment and who want to make a difference.
What will you be doing?
- Putting together RPF’s for a global portfolio of customers and managing the process from proposal to negotiation terms including site inspections (as relevant and appropriate)
- Working closely with the wider sales organization at Travelperk to increase client awareness of our new MICE offering by joining discovery calls and aiming to increase the volume of opportunities generated, especially with the AM teams.
- Coordinating operational process with the cross-collaboration of the wider TravelPerk teams as appropriate and based on customer’s requirements, overseeing set-up of arrangements.
- Dealing with phone calls and email requests/queries from existing and potential new customers in a timely manner
- Providing all TravelPerk customers with suitable options and recommendations of the best way to meet their event or group accommodation requirements
- Proactively maintaining relationships with TravelPerk customers at all times and uncovering future opportunities
- Problem-solving and anticipating customers needs in order to provide the appropriate customer service throughout the entire process
- Processing responses to clients in a timely manner and within the agreed MICE service level agreements
- Acting in accordance with all Company Quality Standard and Procedures
- Actively getting involved in the process operated by the company and making suggestions on possible improvements
- Being part of the global MICE team and actively help and assist colleagues as needed
- Maximizing on every opportunity generating additional revenue streams for North America and across all other regions to support achieving overall revenue targets and drive profitability
What will you need to succeed?
- Previous sales experience working in a venue sourcing / meetings & events team - preferably agency background
- Great communication, strong organization skills and comfort working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Problem solving attitude with ability to deliver quality work when working under pressure or tight deadlines
- A friendly and professional telephone manner
- Confident in negotiating rates with suppliers over the phone and via email
- Great time management, able to prioritize and multitask
- A positive, flexible attitude and a great team player
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with MICE venue searching tools such as Cvent
- Good knowledge of event venues/hotels and destinations worldwide
- GDS Amadeus certified; Proficient level including experience with manual ticket reissuing
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation, including equity in TravelPerk
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability with coverage from your start date
- Financial benefits like 401k with company matching and an HSA plan
- Family services that include adoption benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence and hybrid work availability
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs
- Learning and professional development opportunities
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Boston or Chicago hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
TravelPerk doesn’t require academic studies for this position. We select based on experience and potential, not credentials.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.