Head of Procurement
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are seeking a dynamic Head of Procurement to manage organisational-wide procurement at a pivotal time in our journey. This is an exciting and expansive role that offers the opportunity to shape the procurement strategy and tech stack of a rapidly growing tech scale up, and then build out procurement’s reach across the company.
What will you be doing?
- Procurement Strategy: Develop and implement a comprehensive procurement strategy for a range of categories, including the future state tech stack of a rapidly growing company.
- Supplier Lifecycle Ownership: Build, manage and optimise the end-to-end procurement lifecycle, from ingestion of business case and contracting, through renewal and value optimisation, to off boarding.
- Vendor Selection & Contract Negotiations: Identify and evaluate potential vendors, conducting rigorous due diligence to ensure alignment with company standards and goals, and lead negotiations which optimise return on TravelPerk’s investment.
- SaaS Tooling & Cost Optimization: Continuously seek opportunities to streamline tools in line with procurement strategy to drive cost savings and process improvements.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Ensure all procurement activities comply with company policies, regulations, and compliance standards.
- Reporting and Analysis: Drive actionable insights from tooling data and KPIs to inform decision making, return value and enhance processes in relation to the procurement of products and services.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, such as IT, finance, security and legal teams, to align procurement strategies with overall business objectives.
- Knowledge development: Help TravelPerk’s employees select and propose vendors, through simple communications and training.
What will make you a great fit?
- A proven track record in your current role
- 5-10 years professional experience working with complex stakeholders and coordinating cross-functional projects, ideally at a market leading consultancy or tech company
- Passion for breaking down complex problems and presenting data-informed solutions, including receiving challenge on your thinking and insights
- High competency in strategic planning and organisational planning
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to take ownership of projects through to completion
- If you do not meet all of the above criteria but you believe that you can make a difference in this role then please do apply!
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - We offer 16 paid hours per year that you can use to give back to society by volunteering for a charity of your choice.
- 🌎 "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
- 📚 IRL English or Spanish Lessons are held in the Barcelona office.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona or UK hubs. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
For certain positions, we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. Please let us know in your applications, and we will assess whether this is possible. It is also required for us to verify that candidates and employees meet the eligibility criteria to reside and work in the United Kingdom.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.