Senior Director of Brand
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in! If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
Join our team as a Senior Director of Brand and help us shape our brand internally and externally. We're on a mission to become the go-to platform for human connection, and we need your expertise to make it happen.
In this role, you will define our brand and the role it plays to grow TravelPerk. Your initial mission will be to develop our brand strategy by collaborating with leadership, team members across the business, and customers to hone our purpose, positioning, and messaging. You will also bring our brand to life by partnering with our Creative teams to examine and reinvigorate our brand identity. You will work closely with our People teams to showcase our culture and build our brand as a top-tier destination for talent.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will lead the entire company on TravelPerk’s reason for being. You will work with the rest of the executive team, marketing, and communications team to perpetuate and align everyone on our Brand. If you enjoy building and thrive in dynamic environments this role is perfect for you. Are you ready to make an impact? Let's talk!
What will you be doing?
- Brand Strategy Development: Develop and implement a comprehensive brand strategy that aligns with TravelPerk's mission, values, and business goals. Define and articulate the brand's unique value proposition and differentiation in the market. Brand strategy extends to employer branding as well to attract and retain the best people who are aligned to our culture.
- Brand Identity: Shape and maintain TravelPerk's brand identity alongside our Creative team, including visual elements, messaging, and voice, to ensure consistent and compelling brand communication.
- Brand Positioning: Define the brand's positioning differentiating TravelPerk from competitors and communicating its value to target audiences.
- Brand Activation: Lead the activation of the brand through strategic marketing initiatives, ensuring that the brand strategy is effectively executed across all touchpoints, including to internal stakeholders and external channels across such as digital, content, events, and partnerships.
- Brand Investment: Develop and manage brand investment strategies, optimizing resources to support the brand's growth and market presence.
- Brand Measurement and Monitoring: Develop metrics for brand health and how brand relates to company goals. Monitor brand performance in the market. Use data and insights to adapt the brand strategy and make informed decisions.
- Team Leadership: Grow and lead a high-performing, engaged brand team, fostering creativity and collaboration while aligning with the brand strategy. The current team consists of social and events.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with other departments, such as marketing, product, and sales, customer care to ensure brand consistency and alignment with business objectives.
- Champion, role model, and embed our values and culture (We are owners, impact over effort, 7* experience, we are a team, be a good person) as we scale globally and across new offices.
What will you need to succeed?
- Proven experience in developing and executing successful brand strategies preferably in a B2B or SaaS environment. Experience in US/UK a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling messages for a variety of audiences.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to use data to inform brand decisions.
- Creative and strategic thinker with a passion for innovation and excellence.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - We offer 16 paid hours per year that you can use to give back to society by volunteering for a charity of your choice.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona or London hubs. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
For certain roles, we provide relocation assistance. Please specify your need for this in your application, and we will evaluate the possibility on a case-by-case basis. English is our official office language, so we request that resumes be submitted in English for effective communication.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.