Sales Development Representative - German Speaking
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including Airbnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team comprises A-players from the travel and technology industries.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is an innovator. We have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and GreenPerk, we are shaping the industry's future. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in! If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help us achieve our ambitious goals within the DACH market. As an SDR, you must be a persevering and focused professional. Reporting to the SDR Team Leader, your focus will be feeding our sales funnel by qualifying and engaging with prospective TravelPerk customers. This is an excellent opportunity to join TravelPerk, be part of a fresh but seasoned A-players Sales Team, and be in a position with substantial professional development possibilities. You will learn from the best people and work within a fun and collaborative culture. Help us scale by selling a disruptive product that changes how organizations budget, book and manage their business travel!
What will you be doing?
- Run outreach campaigns using a combination of phone, email, and social touches;
- Qualifying the leads during a phone call (making sure that they meet all the requirements we are looking for in clients), engaging them and scheduling them for further consultations on the account director’s calendar;
- Understand the needs of our target prospects and articulate the value that TravelPerk provides;
- Maintain accurate information on prospects and interaction activities in Salesforce;
- Acquire expert knowledge of TravelPerk;
- Work closely with the marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of TravelPerk and to evolve and improve the lead qualification process;
- Conduct high-level discussions with Office Managers, CFO or Travel Managers to explain the TravelPerk Value Proposition.
What will you need to succeed?
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both spoken and written. Being a native German speaker with high fluency in English is a must;
- Ability to build great credibility over the phone with prospects;
- Good understanding of B2B solution selling with a short sales cycle;
- A goal-oriented person with strong character and perseverance;
- Hungry and ambitious, yet ethical and sound;
- Able to work as an individual contributor, but bearing in mind you are part of a team;
- You have a customer-centric mindset;
- You are proactive and capable of thinking outside the box to generate leads.
- You must have legal authorization to work in Spain.
- 💰 A competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on your location;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your wellbeing;
- 📒 Exponential growth & personal development opportunities.
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- 🌎 "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
- 📚 IRL English or Spanish Lessons are held in the Barcelona office.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub (office locations). We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
For certain roles, we provide relocation assistance. Please specify your need for this in your application, and we will evaluate the possibility on a case-by-case basis. English is our official office language, so we request that resumes be submitted in English for effective communication.TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.