IT Support Engineer
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for an ambitious, motivated and knowledgeable TechOps Specialist to help build a world-class IT experience at Travelperk.
In this role you will be an instrumental part of every aspect of IT at Travelperk. You will be responsible for everything from helping users day-to-day to delivering big projects that alter the course of the company.
You will need to be smart, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and people-focused. You should have a background in something technical and love learning how things work in IT. The more experience the better!
This role needs to be based from Barcelona and requires you to be in the office at least 4 days per week.
What will my day look like?
As a TechOps Specialist you would…
- Be part of a team global TechOps team, supporting our 1,200 TravelPerk employees across all of our TravelPerk hubs (London, Edinburgh, Barcelona, Berlin, Birmingham, Chicago, Miami, Boston)
- Working on tickets in our ticketing system, providing route analysis along with improving our processes; Zendesk
- Assist with the the lifecycle of TravelPerk assets (catalog, repair, ship, inventory, and purchasing)
- Configuring/maintaining our MDM tools, for example deploying new configurations, application management
- Deploying software to our endpoint devices (Windows/macOS)
- Administration of Okta, creating workflows, implementing new/existing SaaS using SAML, SCIM, leveraging API’s, directory management
- Managing Google Workspace, managing user/groups, mailboxes/email,, mailflows, policies based on OU, GoogleApps
- Help to maintain our network infrastructure and associated systems through core skills and change management
- Securely configure and maintain our suite of SaaS tools
- Providing audio visual support (Meeting Rooms, Company Events) using Zoom/Zoom Rooms
- Mentoring junior members of the team, effective documentation, show and tells, IT shadowing and general knowledge sharing
- Assisting/managing projects within your domain
- Liaising with third party vendors when required
- Occasional out of hours support
What skills and experience are required?
- Experienced in a face paced environment, ability to adapt accordingly
- Experienced providing internal IT Support, providing a 7 star experience
- Operational experience supporting Windows, macOS, mobile devices
- Administration experience implementing & managing modern MDM tools; Microsoft Intune and/or Jamf Pro
- Administration experience managing identity management tools; Okta & Active Directory
- Administration experience managing Google Workspace
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience managing modern SAAS tools (Slack, Notion, Box & Zoom)
- Experience supporting network infrastructure; DHCP, LAN, WAN, DNS, WIF
- Automation/Scripting experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including to travel to one of our hubs
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in real life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
For certain roles, we provide relocation assistance. Please specify your need for this in your application, and we will evaluate the possibility on a case-by-case basis. English is our official office language, so we request that resumes be submitted in English for effective communication.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base, and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.