Engineering Manager - DevOps
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionising the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who has experience with DevOps, Production Engineering or Service Reliability engineering. You will look after a team of 7 software engineers, that currently make up our Production Engineering function supporting our 150 people-strong Engineering function.
What you will do:
- Develop and evolve a long-term strategy and roadmap for the team, working with the Product Manager and aligned with the Tribe mission.
- Ensure the technical delivery is on track and our customers get delighted and supported by the services and platforms we own.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the team, ensuring that we are focusing on the right things.
- Nurture the development of the Software Engineers and provide mentoring/coaching to all of them.
- Empower your team to create modular infrastructure, pipeline standards, enabling innovation and rapid delivery.
- Create and champion the most secure and compliant standards, making it easy for product teams to adopt them.
- Build tools that enable our customers to support themselves. We want to reduce the amount of “ops” we do and increase the amount of “dev” and innovation.
What you need:
- A background of Production Engineering or DevOps management
- Knowledge of: AWS, Google Cloud (optional), Terraform, Python or Node JS, distributed infrastructure, security and cloud governance.
- Experience of working on roadmaps for teams/have a structured approach to ways of working.
- Experience in running a large team of software engineers.
- A passion for building tooling and self-service capabilities, and enabling organisations to have autonomous squads through Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Experience in creating processes and tools to reduce 1:1 support
- Exposure to a scale-up environment (beneficial not required)
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance to our Barcelona hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
For certain roles, we provide relocation assistance. Please specify your need for this in your application, and we will evaluate the possibility on a case-by-case basis. English is our official office language, so we request that resumes be submitted in English for effective communication.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base, and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.