Digital Project Manager (6-month contract)
We’re Oliver’s Travels and we’re passionate about making travel extraordinary. Our dedication has been rewarded through multiple awards, including the Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Awards Top 10 Villa Rental Companies and we have recently been named in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 companies.
Please note this is a fixed term contract cover parental leave.
This is a hybrid home and remote working role with a minimum of three days per week office attendance.
The Digital Project Manager is a key role with the Technology team at Oliver’s Travels. You will be responsible for the successful planning, execution, and closing of technology projects related to our web platform, CRM, booking system, and various API integrations.
You will work closely with internal development teams and external partners to ensure projects are completed on time, within scope, and within budget.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the Team: Supporting the team with day-to-day tasks and requests related to content, sales data, and integrations.
- Backlog Management: Estimate and prioritise backlog items in alignment with the company’s objectives and technological roadmap.
- Requirement Gathering: Collaborate with stakeholders to understand and document business requirements for upcoming projects.
- Planning: Develop detailed project plans including scope, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Communication: Communicate project statuses, updates, and key milestones to internal teams and external partners.
- Coordination: Work closely with internal development teams, testers, designers, and external partners to deliver high-quality projects.
- Quality Assurance: Create and coordinate test plans to ensure projects meet quality standards.
- Budget Management: Monitor project costs to ensure it remains aligned with estimates.
- Risk Assessment: Identify, evaluate, and manage project risks and issues.
Skills and experience:
This role requires an understanding of web-based business systems, a strong project management background, experience of stakeholder engagement and management, and excellent communication skills. We’re also looking for:
- Proven success in translating business priorities into functional requirements
- An understanding of the technical development process from inception through planning, development, quality assurance, and release
- Ability to organise multiple threads of work into a coherent and actionable plan
- Demonstrated ability to discuss technical concepts and solutions
- Excellent diplomacy and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge or experience of large-scale CMS projects; headless CMS; Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Marketing Cloud; or bespoke ecommerce systems is a plus
- Any experience within the travel or villa rental industry is a plus
What we offer:
- Newly refurbished headquarters in Clapham, London (complete with our very own bar)
- Amazing team of 90+ fellow travellers ... and growing fast!
- 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
- Twice-yearly bonus and an ever-improving benefits scheme available throughout the year
- Flexible working considerations (office/home split, flexible hours etc.) - we want to support you.
- Breakfast, nibbles, and Friday drinks - all on the company!
- Great working environment with monthly socials and 2 company-wide parties a year.
- Office dogs!
- Please upload your CV and Cover Letter
- First interviews will be conducted on Teams
- Following interview(s) will be held at our offices in Clapham
We welcome and encourage candidates to apply, even if they do not meet all the listed requirements. Oliver’s Travels is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.