Application System Engineer
Navan is seeking a talented and versatile IT professional to join our team as a hybrid Application Systems Engineer and IT Support Engineer. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the stability, security, and optimal functionality of our IT systems, as well as providing excellent technical support to our end-users. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical background in systems engineering and a passion for delivering exceptional IT support.
What You'll Do:
- Application Systems Engineering:
- Implement and administer SaaS tools such as Okta, Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Okta Workflows, Atlassian, etc.
- Support, monitor and troubleshoot applications, systems and the interconnections between
- Support and administer internal Identity Access and Management function, including Single Sign-On configuration and deployments
- Provide technical expertise for our ever growing business and ever expanding IT systems and infrastructure
- Continually evaluate gaps and opportunities to enhance and mature environment, and automate manual and repetitive processes where possible
- Monitor emerging technologies and make recommendations for adoption when applicable
- Assist IT leadership and other IT cross-functional teams with project-level deliverables
- IT Support:
- Desktop Support: Provide onsite and remote support for all IT-related issues through ticketing system, walkups, or remote desktop tools, to diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
- Hardware Maintenance: Install, configure, and maintain laptops, including upgrades and replacements. Troubleshoot hardware problems and coordinate repairs with vendors when necessary
- Hardware Procurement: Assist in the selection and procurement of IT equipment. Manage inventory and asset tracking
- Software Support: Install, configure, and troubleshoot SaaS applications, operating systems, and security updates. Assist with software licensing
- Network Connectivity: Assist users in connecting to the network, troubleshooting network issues, and configuring VPN and Wi-Fi connections
- Manage and lead onboarding logistics and IT training for new hires, as well as offboarding logistics for retrieving equipment
- Support and manage local A/V Operations
- Participate in an on-call rotation schedule for IT Support and monitoring/alerting activities, which involve after-office hours and weekends
- Accountability for site IT Operations and Maintenance (e.g. workstation setups, upkeep of conference rooms, managing ticket queue, network checks, etc.)
- Documentation and Training:
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for systems, procedures, and troubleshooting steps.
- Provide training to end-users on IT best practices and new technologies.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with IT team members to develop and implement IT strategies aligned with business goals.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience administering a wide range of SaaS apps in a cloud first environment, and technical proficiency with our primary tech stack: Okta, Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Okta Workflows, Atlassian (especially Jira Service Desk and Software automation and management)
- 2+ years of experience with Okta Workflows and other iPaaS platforms, such as Workato, Zapier & BetterCloud
- Knowledge and understanding of IAM concepts (SSO, SWA, SAML, JIT, SCIM, OIDC, OAuth, RBAC, ABAC)
- Strong experience and knowledge of Jamf for troubleshooting Apple devices, as well as Azure/Intune for troubleshooting Windows devices
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills with an understanding of IT operations
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and time-sensitive requests
- Odd hours and on call-duties are required
- Proven experience in IT Systems Engineering and IT Support roles
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing 10-50 pounds
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or any Computer-related degree is a huge plus