Application Systems Engineer (Central/East Coast)
Are you a problem solver? Do you have in-depth knowledge of IT systems and applications? We’re looking for someone who is passionate about automation and solving complex technical problems. This position interfaces directly with the internal IT Support, Security, G&A and Engineering teams as an engineer to deploy and integrate new systems, and as an escalation point to troubleshoot system issues and outages.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement and administer SaaS tools such as Okta, Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Okta Workflows, Atlassian, etc.
- Support, monitor and troubleshoot applications, systems and the interconnections between
- Support and administer internal Identity Access and Management function, including Single Sign-On configuration and deployments
- Provide technical expertise for our ever growing business and ever expanding IT systems and infrastructure
- Increase cross-team knowledge by developing and maintaining IT documentation
- Continually evaluate gaps and opportunities to enhance and mature environment, and automate manual and repetitive processes where possible
- Monitor emerging technologies and make recommendations for adoption when applicable
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience administering a wide range of SaaS apps in a cloud first environment, and technical proficiency with our primary tech stack: Okta, Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Okta Workflows, Atlassian (especially Jira Service Desk and Software automation and management)
- 2+ years of experience with Okta Workflows and other iPaaS platforms, such as Workato, Zapier & BetterCloud
- Knowledge and understanding of IAM concepts (SSO, SWA, SAML, JIT, SCIM, OIDC, OAuth, RBAC, ABAC)
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with scripting for the purpose of automation, monitoring and alerting systems (e.g. GAM, Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.) is a plus
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills with an understanding of IT operations
- Focused on driving measurable results and key deliverables within tight timelines
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and time-sensitive requests
- Odd hours and on call-duties are required
- Proven ability as an IT Systems Engineer in a fast-paced and corporate environment
- Any Okta certifications are a huge plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or any Computer-related degree is a huge plus
For roles with on-target-earnings (OTE), the pay range includes both base salary and target incentive compensation. Target incentive compensation for some roles may include a ramping draw period. Compensation is higher for those who exceed targets. Candidates may receive more information from the recruiter.