Director, Financial Institutions and Fintech Partnerships
As Director of Financial Institutions and Fintech Partnerships, your key objective is to expand Navan’s network of GTM financial institution partnerships by performing the core duties of new partner solicitation, product positioning, negotiation, and contracting. You will be expected to develop and manage a robust pipeline of pre-determined targets and quickly and methodically move these partners through to a point of contracting and preparation for activation.
In addition, the Director of FI and Fintech Partnerships will drive partner product efforts related to Navan Expense - inclusive (but not limited to) of sourcing and negotiating agreements for additional technology support, owning QBR support, working cross-functionally within Navan to optimize partner product deliverables, issue management, etc.
The Director of FI and Fintech Partnerships will use their work experience to assess revenue opportunity effectively, position the unique Navan products and services to convey a joint value proposition to secure new partners, and use their experiences in negotiation to ensure that favorable terms are reached promptly. You are an excellent manager of time, understand the value of pipeline generation, and reach out strategies, follow-ups, and securing commitments from targets through tenacity and perseverance. Your adaptable and consultative style will be key to ensuring that targets with varying levels of technological sophistication will understand the value of a Navan and ultimately ensure you successfully secure new partnerships.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the pipeline for all partners
- Identify and manage partner opportunities leveraging the wider partner ecosystem
- Work closely with Sales to prioritize opportunities and engage direct sales resources when appropriate
- Identify, prospect, pitch, and onboard new partners
- Collaborate cross-functionally with legal, product, sales, and other teams to successfully launch partners
- Establish regular meeting cadence to ensure consistent and constant communication regarding marketing, sales, and product
- Coordinate with Partner and Corporate Marketing to increase top of funnel pipeline for both Partners and Digital Asset
- Contribute to partner enablement materials that help educate teams within the partner and sales organization
- Designing demand generation campaigns and go-to-market initiatives teaming with marketing, tracking progress, and measuring success
- Work closely with the entire Partnerships team to drive collaboration across our ecosystem of partners
- Build and maintain daily activity metrics within our CRM
- Identify and develop relationships with key Expense product partners
- Liaison and partner with all levels of team members within the organization
- Identify and develop new offerings with our Expense product partners to drive new business opportunities
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Serve as a thought leader and extensive source of knowledge for your colleagues
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of trackable partnership success, including success working with financial institutions to drive top-of-funnel sales opportunities to the bottom-line revenue growth
- Understands how to sell with partners to large enterprises with lengthy sales cycles and complex decision-making processes
- Proven track record managing multiple partner relationships across various channels (i.e., ISV, SI, reseller, etc.) with an understanding of how to win across the entire partner lifecycle (partner pipeline generation to partner lead growth)
- Strong decision-making and prioritization skills; previous project or program management experience is a plus
- Experience with both horizontal and vertical partner sales motions, ideally with experience in one of the following: Financial Services, Travel, Fintechs
- Passionate about capitalizing on emerging markets and emerging technology where norms and playbooks are not yet established
- Capable of working with Product and Engineering to understand technical features and convert them into collateral to pursue client opportunities with partners
- Able to work independently, anticipating and resolving problems
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
For roles with on-target-earnings (OTE), the pay range includes both base salary and target incentive compensation. Target incentive compensation for some roles may include a ramping draw period. Compensation is higher for those who exceed targets. Candidates may receive more information from the recruiter.