Staff Product Designer - Flights
Sr. Staff Product Designer - Flights
At Navan, we strongly believe that the best way to achieve business success is by listening to our customers and focusing on solving their needs with innovative, elegant, technology-driven solutions. Our product designers are transforming how people experience business travel.
We’re looking for a Staff Product Designer to lead the evolution and transformation of our Flights experience. The Flights team is responsible for the end-to-end, multi-platform experience of exploring, booking, and servicing flights globally. You’ll partner with your Product & Engineering leads to define and execute the next gen experience for flight transit.
Our ideal candidate is a visionary architect with a well tuned intuition who can generate impactful new ideas at the intersection of customer and business needs then bring them to life by using their deep design toolkit and influential storytelling.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with the VP of Product Design and a team of Product Managers and Engineers to design and build the next generation of flights shopping, management, and servicing experiences
- Influence the flights and broader travel roadmaps by defining potential interaction patterns that bridge the gap between robust user interfaces and chat-based LLM experiences
- Present complex concepts in an easily digestible narrative to influence partners and stakeholders
- Prototype complete experiences (going beyond screens) to make an improved product and service feel tangible
- Advocate for the user by developing a deep understanding of the end-to-end flights experience. You’ll sweat the details so our travelers don’t have to
- Collaborate and design across team lines to help provide our customers with a seamless experience
- Take your designs all the way to the finish line and into our customer’s hands
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of strategic product design or service design experience
- Demonstrated experience designing elegant web and mobile experiences from complex systems
- A proven track record of driving and shipping quality and impactful work in a consumer, e-commerce, or B2C product
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates strong strategic thinking as well as a deep commitment to details, excellence, and craft.
- A belief that fast cycles of soliciting feedback is the way to continually raise the quality of your work and that excellence is found in the details. You’re excited to drive impact by balancing short term wins with long-term holistic experiences
- A working knowledge of design thinking and user-centric practices that you can wield to define an innovative vision that you temper with a practical understanding of the technological, business and user opportunities and constraints
- A team oriented mindset. You believe that designers are facilitators and know the best work is done with a team of diverse perspectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You know that behind every design decision is a story to be told. Yes, we use Slack, but we also Zoom and Loom often
- Enthusiasm and a growth mindset! Our Flights team is composed of smart, curious, fun individuals who dive headfirst into the problems at hand and share a genuine enthusiasm for building the next generation flights platform. If your team knows you as the designer who says, “what if we tried...” more often than “that won’t work,” this could be a great fit
- An added background in travel–or a deep interest in travel and the intricacies of the flights industry–is a significant plus!
- Motion design or NLP-based design experience
The posted pay range represents the anticipated low and high end of the compensation for this position and is subject to change based on business need. To determine a successful candidate’s starting pay, we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location, an evaluation of the candidate’s skills and experience, market demands, and internal parity.
For roles with on-target-earnings (OTE), the pay range includes both base salary and target incentive compensation. Target incentive compensation for some roles may include a ramping draw period. Compensation is higher for those who exceed targets. Candidates may receive more information from the recruiter.