Sales Development Representative (New College Graduate)
The Sales Development organization plays a critical role in Navan's growth. As a company that values innovation, Navan relies on the sales development team to identify and qualify potential customers, generate leads, and set up meetings for our ambitious sales team.
The Sales Development team is responsible for researching and identifying target companies and decision-makers, engaging with prospects through various channels, and using their industry expertise and knowledge to introduce our market-leading suite of products and services.
The Sales Development organization is the bedrock of success at Navan. By ensuring that every member of the sales development team is well-equipped, trained, and successful, we are creating a solid foundation for our sales efforts and positioning ourselves for long-term success. We are looking for individuals with a passion for sales, who embody a “go-getter” attitude, and who thrive in a fast-paced environment. You can expect world-class training and enablement resulting in rapid promotion into various parts of the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively outbound prospect (cold-calling and messaging) and qualify outbound leads and inquiries
- Work alongside Account Executives to develop strategies to land outbound prospects and accounts
- Effectively partner and work across the sales and marketing teams, providing feedback through our internal systems on lead quality
- Act as the subject matter expert on Navan’s suite of product offerings (Travel & Expense)
- Leverage tools such as SFDC, Outreach, Zoominfo, Chorus, and Sales Navigator to build your book of business and up-level your sales ability
- Be mindful of your metrics and leverage data to drive decision making
- Consistently achieve quota by helping strategize on effective outbound plays
What We’re Looking For:
- Prior experience through outreach initiatives such as cold calling, fundraising, internships, programs, classes, or jobs is required
- Experience with a quota-carrying role is a plus
- Adaptability, coachability, high drive, and sense of urgency - comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and technologies to diverse audiences including C-level executives
- Detail-oriented and ability to stay organized in the midst of working potentially hundreds of leads
- A sense of curiosity: always looking for an opportunity to learn, grow, and give/receive feedback
- Receiving a Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, Communications, or a related field in Dec 2023-May 2024
For roles with on-target-earnings (OTE), the pay range includes both base salary and target incentive compensation. Target incentive compensation for some roles may include a ramping draw period. Compensation is higher for those who exceed targets. Candidates may receive more information from the recruiter.