KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is seeking a proactive hands-on Billing Manager to join our Finance Team. This individual will operate as a subject-matter-expert and be responsible for the KAYAK billing department producing customer invoices, managing the month-end close process, and accruals. We are a group of highly motivated, professional individuals who love numbers, controls, and compliance. We have a hard-working culture, but we also know how to have fun.
The ideal candidate is curious, embraces change, and thrives in an ambiguous rapid-growth environment. This individual will also need to be detail-oriented, highly organized, and have experience in Finance Operations. We're looking for someone who enjoys working independently but also knows the value of teamwork and collaboration. If you are excited to play a crucial role in serving various internal partners and customers, we encourage you to apply!
In this role, you will:
- Supervise billing personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and motivating employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
- Partner closely with other departments to ensure compliance with all policies, rules, and regulations, and provide direction for invoicing policies, procedures, processes, controls, and systems
- Manage SOX controls to ensure awareness and adherence to company standards
- Analyze billing and raise issues to management promptly
- Work with the relevant teams to identify areas to automate and refine processes
- Provide audit preparation and support
- Review and analyze customer contracts for billing details, guide the team with billing high-profile clients and assisting during peak periods
- Prepare and present reports to senior executives to demonstrate the effectiveness of the billing process
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to, Commercial, IT, Risk & Compliance, Enterprise Systems, and Engineering to address and resolve complex billing issues while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Stay knowledgeable of compliance within your area of responsibility and ensure you are keeping ahead of statutory and regulatory changes and requirements
- Develop and execute a comprehensive billing strategy aligned with organizational objectives
Please apply if you have:
- 5-6 years in billing operations, with a proven track record leading teams with influence
- Strong understanding of billing systems, accounting principles, and revenue recognition
- Knowledge of industry regulations and compliance requirements (e.g., GAAP, SOX)
- High integrity, organization, and professionalism working with financial documents
- Previous client billing experience
- Determination to improve processes and streamline workflows
- Comfortability working with systems such as Salesforce, NetSuite (or equivalent), Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Understanding of SOX compliance
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Strong task prioritization and effective time management
- Strong analytical with the ability to present high level information in a digestible format
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this United States located role is $113,000-$150,000.
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: annual cash bonus; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”