Senior Data Analyst (Finance)
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Data Analyst to join the Billing Operations team. You will play a key role in optimizing our revenue streams, ensuring accuracy in revenue reporting and providing strategic insights to improve business processes.
In this role, you will:
- Billing: Responsible for supporting the billing process and helping to ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices, ensuring proper recording of revenue.
- Financial Controls: Interpret business processes and identify control points to ensure SOX compliance; prioritize maintaining a strong control environment and implement or modify controls as vital
- Month End Close: Responsible for various month end/quarter end close activities in order to meet monthly revenue accounting close deadlines. These include (but are not limited to),supporting the billing functions including understanding & improving journal entry preparation, revenue flux analysis, account reconciliations and other ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Revenue Analysis: Conduct in-depth analysis to identify trends, variances and opportunities using historical data and business initiatives; analyze accruals for accuracy and reasonableness
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare & review accurate and timely revenue reports for internal and external partners
- Process Improvements: Find opportunities for streamlining processes, implementing efficiency improvements and enhancing overall financial performance; consistently seek ways to improve current billing processes
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work with commercial, Business Analytics, Enterprise Systems and Accounting to understand business dynamics and support decision making
- Audit support: Partner with the Risks & Controls team and support audit requests as vital
- Collaborate with the Commercial teams to align on customer issues.
Please apply if:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of experience in revenue/other financial data analysis role, sophisticated billing experience, or a related role in a large multi currency/multinational environment.
- Proven experience in billing and revenue recognition in a senior-level role
- Highly proficient in Google/Microsoft suite of tools particularly Google sheets/Excel.
- Experience in a SOX environment is preferable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments
- Meticulous with a commitment to accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Experience with data visualization/data analysis using SQL advantageous.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and NetSuite preferred; Cognos experience a plus
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Ability to work from almost anywhere
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- No Meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this United States located role is $80,000 - $100,000
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: annual cash bonus; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#LI - BB1
#LI - Remote