KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is seeking a proactive Billing Specialist to join our Finance Team. We are a group of highly motivated, professional individuals who love numbers, controls, and compliance. We have a hard-working culture, but we also know how to have fun. The ideal candidate is curious, embraces change, and thrives in an ambiguous rapid-growth environment. The Billing Specialist will need to be detail-oriented, highly organized, and have experience in Finance Operations. Not only does this individual enjoy working independently but also knows the value of teamwork and collaboration. If you are excited to play a crucial role in serving various internal partners and customers, we encourage you to apply!
In this role, you will:
- Support global billing of commercial contracts with high standards and as per agreements with customers
- Provide excellent customer service to our partners by ensuring invoices are issued correctly and timely and by promptly resolving issues and queries
- Support audits and the month-end close process through various tasks and analysis e.g. revenue estimation process, true up, and GAP analysis in revenue
- Participate in SOX review of contracts
- Peer review invoices to ensure correctness
- Coordinate and submit write-offs for approval
- Collaborate on development projects related to systems and processes
- Complete ad-hoc requests for any analysis, reports, or inquiries that may be needed
Please apply if you have:
- A degree in Finance/Economics/Accounting
- 2-5 years in Finance Operations
- Outstanding Excel skills
- Collaboration skills and the flexibility to work with departments in different time zones
- The ability and willingness to quickly absorb new information and understand the business
- Outstanding social skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate confidently and professionally
- A self starter and hands-on mentality, with the ability to prioritize and deliver multiple tasks with conflicting timelines
- Accept change with an open and honest approach to communication
- Curiosity about ERP and data flow between different systems
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this United States located role is $53,000-$72,000.
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including annual cash bonus; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”