Account Executive, Commercial Partnerships (Entry Level)
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is seeking a highly-motivated Commercial Partnerships Account Executive! This person will be supporting our commercial activities in EMEA, by building and maintaining business relationships with our distribution partners in the car rental, package holidays, and ground industries. To be successful you have a deep understanding of consumer behavior, outstanding analytical skills, and the ability to work closely with KAYAK’s engineering, product, and business teams. You are a self-starter and able to thrive in an agile, dynamic and data-driven environment.
This position is based in Zurich with a hybrid work model.
In this role, you will:
- Build, negotiate, and maintain business relationships with distribution partners on the car rental, package holiday, and ground verticals.
- Analyze and monitor partner performance, with proactive investigation to address changes or issues.
- Develop strong relationships with the KAYAK commercial, engineering, finance and product teams.
- Help identify opportunities to enhance existing relationships in terms of revenue generation and the best user experience.
- Support Team Managers with strategic accounts, including reporting, tracking, billing, day-to-day operations, optimization, etc.
- Monitor the competitive landscape of travel search sites, identify KAYAK’s weaknesses, formulate and execute a plan to close the gap.
Please apply if you have:
- 1-2 years of meaningful experience, travel industry experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and investigate issues and identify opportunities.
- High proficiency in Excel.
- High attention to detail.
- A proactive personality that fits with the KAYAK corporate culture.
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously, while prioritizing appropriately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience.
- Fluency in English written and spoken. Other languages are a plus.
- A self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal technical teams and interact with senior members of the KAYAK team across globally located offices.
- Good sense of humor and likes working in a partly unstructured, fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS degree.
- Travel required.
- Vacation: you accrue 25 days a year
- One Celebration Day per calendar year
- Wedding days: 2 days off for your own wedding and
- 10 weeks of paid parental leave for fathers
- Social Committee: Join in and become involved in organizing/creating our fun office outings
- Pension Scheme with AXA: Foundation for Occupational Benefits, Winterthur. We offer retirement credits to fund your pension contributions
- Supplementary Accident Insurance: We offer a supplemental accident insurance with Schweizerische Mobiliar Versicherungsgesellschaft AG
- Health insurance subsidy of 250 CHF per month
- Lunch Check Card of 180 CHF per month
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.