Infrastructure Operations Engineer
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, hardworking, and multi-tasking Infrastructure Operations Engineer who has a passion to learn, and deliver every single day. You will join KAYAK's Operations team in our Concord, MA office and play a key role for the day to day support of our development and production environments. If you are an outstanding teammate who loves to engage with colleagues at a professional and personal level, we'd love to hear from you!
Please note, this role will be required to work from our Concord, MA office at least 3 days per week.
In this role, you will:
- Process and triage inbound tickets from developers and business teams
- Audit the monitoring of our production hosting platform
- Maintain backup systems and data retention policies
- Work on longer term projects as a team resource
In this role, you will not:
- Perform IT tasks for users like replacing mice, keyboards, etc.
- Manage logins, groups, and email accounts for internal users
Please apply if you have:
- A university degree in Computer Science
- Expertise of Linux systems & knowledge of Linux shell scripting
- Good knowledge of datacenter operations
- Experience with the following:
- Jira / Atlassian products or other ticket systems
- Logic Monitor or other monitoring technologies
- Kibana / Elasticsearch
- Meaningful experience in a similar role
- Self motivation
- Good interpersonal skills in English (spoken and written)
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Ability to work from almost anywhere
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- No Meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.