Head of Global Operations & Strategy (Connectivity)
Head of Business and Sales Operations
GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
Team mission- Business and Sales Operations
For our travelers: offer the world's most comprehensive selection of activities, and guarantee an unforgettable and seamless experience.
For our suppliers and connectivity partners: create the best platform that simplifies every aspect of their digital growth journey, and builds win-win relationships
We are looking for a strategic leader to drive revenue and profitability by defining and implementing GetYourGuide’s connectivity strategy. This is a full-time role, based at our headquarters in Berlin. You report to our Director of Global Supply, and your responsibilities are as follows:
- Define GYG’s Connectivity strategy, e.g. how to accelerate the acquisition of new suppliers and activities; or what to prioritize to optimize the customer and supplier experience
- Influence GYG’s Connectivity tech roadmap, e.g. how to improve the user journey, and how to prioritize new features
- Build and manage a high-performing team, e.g. refine roles and responsibilities; coach the team; and establish contingency plans
- Manage cross-functional stakeholders and projects, e.g. joint OKR setting; or defining an incentive program for our connectivity partners
- Represent GYG, and manage our connectivity partners, e.g. represent GYG at conferences; attend quarterly business reviews; host bi-yearly partner days; or manage escalations
- You have seven to ten years work experience, incl. people management. Either at a large tech company (> € 1 billion revenue), and/or at McKinsey, BCG, or Bain
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, strong business acumen, and willingness to get your hands dirty
- Connectivity (ops and tech), API and SaaS knowledge are a strong plus
Reasons to join us
- Join the global leader for travel experiences. We have an outstanding culture, talent density, growth model, and cash balance. It is only up to us to keep dominating the $ 300 billion travel experiences market going forward
- Be part of a high-performing team that defines GYG’s supply strategy, and executes our biggest ideas
- Boost your learning curve and network. GetYourGuide’s size (~800 employees from over 70 nationalities, $878 million in funding) is the ideal size to learn from the best and to build up a strong international network. Additionally, you’ll receive an annual training budget
- Socialize regularly, e.g. during our weekly Pizza Friday, quarterly team events, bi-yearly trainings, and yearly all staff summit and Winter party
- Receive top payment (both fixed salary and virtual stock options)
- Benefit from several perks (e.g. GYG family & friends discount, discounted monthly passes for public transportation, fitness perks including yoga and Urban Sports Club; German lessons, etc.)
- Receive visa and relocation support
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below. Check out how we hire for tips and visibility into our process and check out life at GetYourGuide. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Important notice: Protect yourself from recruitment scams
We want to ensure your safety during the application process. Please be aware of potential scammers impersonating GetYourGuide recruiters. Remember, GetYourGuide never requests payment or sensitive personal information during recruitment. All official job opportunities are exclusively posted on our Careers page. If you suspect fraudulent activity, report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay vigilant and protect yourself from recruitment scams.