Business Operations Manager, Advisor Experience
Hi, we’re Fora. We’re reimagining the travel advisor industry with fresh eyes, and building a travel agency that is modern, inclusive, tech-enabled and well, cool.
Fora is a next-generation travel platform that, through training and tools, enables anyone to become a travel agent. Fora's mission is to empower 100,000 entrepreneurs to transform their passion for travel into revenue, and we’re doing it by curating incredible experiences for travelers.
Fora was founded in 2021 by travel entrepreneurs Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters and Evan Frank – who shared one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to a team of 50+ full-time employees, with an office headquarters in TriBeCa, New York City. We are fortunate to be backed by an incredible group of investors (Forerunner, Insight, Heartcore) and are looking for more talented and mission-driven individuals to join our team.
We are looking for a Business Operations Manager to join our Advisor Experience team. This person must love complex, unstructured problem solving anchored in data and deep empathy for our advisors and their experience.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate analytical and commercial nous, an ownership mentality to solve problems independently and to completion, and build insight through data. They must be excited by a constantly evolving role and organization, beyond the boundaries of their existing scope of work. This is a unique role that faces both our community of travel advisors and our travel partners.
The Business Operations Manager will report to and act as an extension of the Head of Advisor Experience, using good judgment to move otherwise unowned or special projects forward independently, quickly and efficiently.
- Develop data-driven insights into advisor behavior from the time an advisor joins, through the first booking, as continuously they grow their book of business and establish themselves as travel leaders
- Act as a commercial thought partner within the Advisor Experience team and cross-functional team members
- Leverage data insights to consistently identify commercial opportunities and recommend solutions to improve
- Turn data insights into actionable project plans, owning the execution and reporting of said plans
- Partner with the Head of Advisor Experience to develop an advisor-centric strategy and conduct quarterly/annual planning
- Track KPIs at the team and individual level leveraging tools like metabase
- Work cross-functionally to identify commercial opportunities and recommend solutions to improve
- Effectively project manage and communicate with a diversity of stakeholders
- Lead and manage complex cross-functional and unique in-person experiences for advisors
- Oversee the event planning and execution of Live Forum, which will include 600 advisors and 200 sponsoring partners in 2024 by owning both the RFO agency process and internal operational management
- Collaborate and manage Membership and Travel Operations teams to secure nearly $1M in partner sponsorship
- Manage advisor-facing communications and operational integration of Site Visit days and FAM trips into training and marketing experiences
- Define and manage the strategy for in-person experiences including tracking and reporting KPIs and quarterly approach
- Own special strategic projects to support advisor experience and advisor’s business growth in collaboration with Product, Customer Experience, Growth, and Marketing
- 4-6 years total experience with 1-2 years of experience in a commercial or consulting role
- Structured problem-solver: You’re a logical thinker and make decisions based on data, but also have good instincts when data is limited.
- Owner: No challenge is too complex, no issue is too hard.
- Tenacious: You’re comfortable navigating through unclear circumstances and can act quickly and decisively with diplomacy and tact.
- Extremely organized: You balance a packed schedule, an endless to-do list, and never let anything drop.
- Strong communicator: You communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences (from senior executives to entry-level employees) and can masterfully tailor your approach to suit the circumstances.
We pride ourselves on our great benefits, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance (including an option completely covered by Fora HQ)
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- One Medical Membership
- 401k plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Stock Options
- The annual salary range for the target level for this role is $100-120k + equity
This role is based in New York City with a hybrid WFH & office schedule (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are our Tribeca in-office days, with flexibility for Monday/Friday at your preference).
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.