Senior Brand Planner - Partnerships
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Brand Planner - Partnerships
Expedia Group’s Global Marketing team is dedicated to developing innovative and effective global campaigns across our family of brands: Expedia, Hotels.com and Vrbo.
Within the organization, the Global Marketing team is Expedia Group’s center of creative excellence, and is responsible for developing high-impact, iconic and culturally relevant creative for consumer marketing, content, and experiences across TV, OOH, social, experiential, and more.
With the rise of passion-driven and live event-motivated travel behaviours, Expedia group’s ambition is to help fans go deeper into the cultures they love and be able to experience their fandom on another level.
To fulfil this mandate, we have a series of partnerships across sports and music (with a big focus on football (Arsenal, UEFA, Liverpool FC, Mexico National Team) and music (Jazzfest) but also extending into other sports in America with NBA and College football. We have a full partnership team in charge of brokering the terms of those deals, and the overall business strategy attached to them.
We need a passionate brand strategist who understand fandoms to help bring those partnerships to life in a way that is not only relevant to passionate fans, but expands our brands’ point of view and extends our reach in a meaningful way.
What you’ll do:
· Conceive and implement new opportunities for partnerships to come to life differently and make Expedia recognized as gold standard in partnership communication.
· Build and socialize consistent brand partnership frameworks that allows our brands to come to life consistently.
· Be the voice of the brand and make sure that our role is additive, unique and meaningful.
· Provide deep understanding of consumer journeys from ticketing to events and the moments where our brand (and product) can play the most meaningful role.
· Use insights to solve strategic problems. Develop strong, conceptual, big ideas. Brief and provide inspiration for creatives to position our brands into culture.
· Create campaigns that are creatively and effectiveness driven through clear, digestible and simple KPI frameworks.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE INPUT:
· Help drive cultural relevance for our work to connect deeply to how travelers experience their passions.
· Deeply embed yourself in the fandoms and be the cultural barometer of how we can credibly connect with passionate audiences.
· Collaborate with creative to concept ideas and ensure work is delivered against our brand strategy.
· Work with comms planning to create 360 ecosystems to maximize visibility amongst travelers.
· Partner in and out of the company—with brand strategists, product and technology professionals, producers, customer engagement specialists and more—to develop a deep understanding of our brands
· Partner with our agencies to evaluate partnership strategies and ensure they are optimized for success.
· Participate in socializing the results in clear, actionable ways to further the strategic vision of the content, editorial and entertainment team.
· Present work to senior creative leadership and executives
· Evangelize for the power of industry leading partnership strategies to shift perception and drive results.
· We are looking for candidates who can work flexibly and fluidly, build trust with others, and see the big picture while keeping an eye on every detail
Where you’ll be
· The partnership team operates regionally with football and music partnerships operated out of London, in the Angel Building in Angel, Islington, maximizing opportunities to exchange, brainstorm and build face-to-face relationships with your team.
· The partnership team also has a team in the US who focuses on American-based sports such as NBA, College Football and Mexico National Team.
· We work from the office 2-3 times a week and work from home the rest of the time.
· Global Marketing leadership operates out of London (brand integration, opps, brand planning, business marketing) and LA (creative leadership).
· Expedia group is a global company and the team operates across a series of cities and timezones.
Who you are:
· 5+ years in a Brand strategy role, with a special passion for non-traditional advertising, long-form content and entertainment – either in agency or in-house environments. Experience with global sports and entertainment IP / franchises or cultural-impact brands preferred.
· Experience in managing complex multiple stakeholder projects and ideally in the partnership realm.
· Deep understanding of fandom strategy and how to connect around passions in a meaningful way.
· Deep craft experience with a finely tuned ability to develop strategic thinking and transform complex brand needs into simple ways.
· Experience working with influencers and high level talent.
· Passion for sports in general and football in particular. An appetite to go to live events to really understand our consumer experience.
· Ability to turn topical and cultural happenings into opportunities, and presenting this work to senior Creative teams
· Demonstrate the ability to support global teams in a self-directed way
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver presentations that articulate ideas in a compelling manner to build acceptance and support.
· Demonstrated experience of working successfully with multifunctional groups, both internally and externally, in fast-paced environments with changing direction.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.