Software Development Engineer II
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
What You'll Do:
- You will utilize appropriate methods and approaches to develop practical solutions for the business
- You will communicate complex Technical and analytical topics in a clean & simple way to multiple partners and senior leadership
- You’ll have ability to independently drive individual solutions to completion and production development
- You’ll be working closely with team members to ensure data solutions are well built and are of high quality
- Write code that is clean, maintainable, optimized, modular with good naming conventions. You will also use software frameworks to write simpler code
- You’ll Collaborate with other functions, e.g., Product, Content, Analytics, and other Marketing teams to drive impactful business outcomes.
- Team up with peers across Organization to build an understanding of cross dependencies and shared problem solving
- Collaborate with team members to co-develop and solve problems
- Seek knowledge from domain specialists when needed.
- Understand the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process.
- Develop and test standard software applications and related programs and procedures to ensure they meet design requirements.
- Help coordinate partner input and collaboration efforts when developing solutions to issues
- Feel comfortable challenging authority/the status quo.
- Report clearly on current work status in Agile practice
- Expertise in querying and bringing together large datasets using advanced SQL, Spark
- Extensive experience in utilizing Python and/or R for Data modelling and Data science use cases
- Ideally you have experience in designing and developing self-serve Data Visualizations via Tableau, Looker or QlikView
- Skills in Extract, transform and load (ETL) processes
- Knowledge on Java and streaming technology such as Kafka is desirable
- Preferable Experience working on Online marketing solutions development
- Familiarity with web analytics and analytics/tracking to support digital marketing using Adobe Marketing Cloud [Omniture], Google Analytics, Google Search Console
- Excellent team collaboration skills with the ability to work in matrix organization and influence people
- Flexible and capable of handling multiple tasks in a fast paced, high-volume environment
- Passion in solving problems and finding patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data.
- The position would benefit from a good working knowledge of the Online/Retail/Travel industry
- Developer tools like GitHub, Chef and Jenkins
- AWS computing solutions like EC2, S3, Dynamo, and VPCE.
- Software testing industry standards.
- Proven experience in resilient Deployment strategies.
- Implementing single and multi-region solutions with AWS technologies.
- Delivering system designs is a core capability. Taking advantage of excellent partnering and organization skills, deliver designs that use distributed architectures and incorporate requirements gathering, testing, and performance specifications into the process.
- Working in the software test space is not new for you. You’ve been developing test and deploy capabilities for several years and have a strong understanding of the space.
- You can speak to the importance of performance testing in software delivery pipelines, concepts that teams need to follow to be considered mature in their deployment capabilities, and able to identify areas for improvement in our performance testing platforms.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.