Director of Market Management - South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong & Macau (Seoul)
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
As the Director of Market Management, you will be one of the most senior leaders of Expedia Group covering South Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong/Macau, leading teams that (a) manage relationships with lodging partners throughout these regions; (b) supply both Expedia Group’s consumer brands (e.g., Expedia and Hotels.com) and third-party providers of travel services with exceptional quality of lodging inventory; and (c) ensure that lodging partners can maximize their production within the travel ecosystem that Expedia Group supports.
We are looking for seasoned leaders who will not just maintain the status quo but also be a catalyst for change—showing thought leadership, by influencing industry trends in region, while building and advocating for plans to grow Expedia Group’s share and visibility within your regions and across Asia-Pacific.
We have an amazing culture at Expedia Group of people who are positive, collaborative, and motivated by having an impact on their regions. We want leaders who enjoy developing and coaching geographically distributed, diverse teams—constantly raising the bar for performance while preserving the culture that we hold dear.
What you'll do
- Provide direct leadership to a team of first-line managers, called Area Managers, who manage teams of individual contributors, called Market Managers. You will provide them with impactful and inspirational leadership, coaching and mentorship, and craft a compelling vision that steers, motivates and develops the diverse organization to provide a consistent and inspirational service to its lodging partners, while over-achieving against goals.
- Work with Expedia Group stakeholders to develop cross-functional strategies for accelerated growth of the regions named above through optimizing supply to match demand trends and evolving supply to create new demand trends. Lead and inspire the teams by communicating the strategy and market insights
- Collaborate with Expedia Group stakeholders to solve intractable issues impacting APAC broadly, unlocking the potential of your teams to further succeed.
- Build and maintain relationships with influencers and partner executives that are key to your region. Support your team in influencing external decision makers to partner with Expedia and demonstrating what great partner conversations look like.
- Engage regional press and participate in industry events and speaking engagements to share deep industry knowledge, forming long-term, influential relationships in the process, showing Expedia Group as a thought leader.
Who you are
- You are fluent in Korean or Mandarin Chinese. You have a high-level of business-level English allowing you to engage and negotiate with internal stakeholders.
- You must have demonstrable experience in the markets of Northeast Asia: building teams, developing strategies for growth, and a track record of success in “moving the needle” in your markets.
- You have demonstrated past success in building organisations that cater to long-term customer account management relationships, and you enjoy building and maintaining relationships with partner and customer executives.
- You have experience building a culture of healthy accountability into your teams—exceeding quarterly, and annual targets. You coach your teams to develop their own solutions, while you use your data-driven business acumen to help your teams to sharpen those solutions to collaboratively achieve stellar results.
- Strong focus on building high performing, innovative, and diverse and inclusive teams with a positive “get it done” attitude.
- You love to leverage deep insight into the market as well as your own analysis of both external and internal data to make smart decisions.
- Experience working in a flexible, dynamic, ever-changing and challenging environment, ideally in a matrix structure with experience of navigating large organizations.
- Dynamic experience in handling geographically dispersed organisations, with several layers of management, preferably in the technology, e-commerce or travel industry.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.