Data Science Manager
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
If you’re as excited as we are about using data to drive positive change and build an outstanding customer experience, this may be the role for you!
We are looking for a hardworking and intelligent individual to fill the Data Scientist III role in the Marketing Analytics team. You will provide powerful insights that shape the way the various EG brands reward their base of loyal members. This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting, data driven and customer centric company to partner with its Loyalty team. You will be instrumental in helping define an engaging and rewarding loyalty strategy, powered by customer insight!
You will own the relationship with our stakeholders and help drive the improvement of many different areas within the loyalty programme including: the set-up and analysis of A/B testing, exploratory deep dives into members’ behaviour, and devising novel methods to test changes to the programme when A/B setups are not possible. You will also have the opportunity to produce and deliver presentations to influence the thinking of senior people in the Loyalty team. As a people manager, you will be responsible for the hiring, development, and line management of 2-3 junior team members, and will support them in prioritising, executing, and communicating their work.
What you’ll do:
- Apply advanced analytics techniques, statistical knowledge, and big data handling skills to support our commercial stakeholders’ decision-making
- Use your creativity and commercial acumen to translate business problems into structured analytical questions, and choose the most appropriate methodologies to answer these questions
- Own the relationships with our loyalty stakeholders, and work autonomously to prioritise and execute on the most impactful analytics projects
- Influence partners and senior leaders through communicating across various levels of the organization using clear and compelling storytelling and presentations
- Display a true passion for data, analytics, online marketing and travel and possess a strong commercial awareness
- Line manage 2-3 junior team members, supporting and enabling them to succeed in their work and develop their careers
Who you are:
- Bachelor's, Master’s, PhD; Mathematics, Science, Statistics, Economics degree; or equivalent related professional experience as applicable
- 5+ years experience in a similar analytical role
- Strong SQL skills; demonstrated experience of using R / PySpark / Python to structure, transform and visualize big data, and a willingness to learn new frameworks and languages required for the task
- A dynamic individual who consistently applies – and often enhances – analytical resources, principles and playbooks to address business problems and realise opportunities
- Experience partnering with other teams and disciplines (Product, Engineering, Strategy, etc.) and collaborating with other analytics teams to deliver projects
- Good knowledge of developing, and delivering, presentations that help people understand the insight from sophisticated analytics
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better. That responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying for a role in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. In addition, our teams can give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program: Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.