Senior Manager, Finance
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Typical number of years' experience - Not required but as a guide when coupled with education
8+ years for Bachelor's
6+ years for Master's
Bachelor's or Master's or equivalent experience
Functional/ Technical Skills
Solid understanding of math and statistics concepts.
Solid understanding of relevant GAAP and understanding of the relationship between different financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow).
Ability or willingness to learn and utilize Financial Systems (Hyperion, SQL, etc.).
• Utilizes knowledge of the organization’s business model and operations to drive projects and analysis that support the organization’s mission.
• Applies advanced understanding of the policies, practices, trends, and information that impact the organization and its customers to anticipate and plan for each step of a complex project.
• Demonstrates understanding of the financial impact of decisions/solutions to drive projects and analysis that support the organization’s mission.
• Identifies and develops requirements related to complex financial modeling with a high level of ambiguity.
• Develops basic to complex financial models, including forecasting financial results, modeling financial statements, and performing more advanced analyses.
• Possesses deep firm knowledge of reporting and modelling tools to build and implement standard and complex financial models.
• Forces simplicity on how to utilize resources to maximize performance; modifies reports and tools in order to improve operational efficiency.
• Implements improvements that impact the quality of products, services, and processes.
• Monitors and suggests methods for continuous improvement for the department; creates measures to check the accuracy of information for the team.
• Breaks down complex information (e.g., legal, operational risk, and regulatory data) into understandable terminology and actionable concepts.
• Uses technical knowledge and expertise to generate comprehendible, broadly-applicable communications based on new and non-typical data.
• Designs differentiated technical communications (content focus, style, presentation, etc.) for various internal and external audiences based on an understanding of their differing levels of familiarity with technical language.
• Keeps apprised of changes in economic and financial reporting principles and practices while consistently applying them in own work.
• Keeps apprised of, and identifies new, financial trends through regular review of industry or trade publications, and consistently applies to work.
• Analyzes and summarizes financial data into a concise financial report that complies with standards and procedures.
• Demonstrates complete comprehension of the uses and applications of the organization's financial systems, databases, and management reporting systems, providing oversight as needed.
• Understands the pros and cons of using different systems and determines which systems are appropriate for conducting various analysis.
• Audits information output and confirms the accuracy of data and analytics using a variety of financial systems, as appropriate.
Creates metrics to monitor performance across multiple teams and ensure efficient execution and effective delivery of work.
• Establishes working relationships with stakeholders and builds rapport to become a trusted advisor.
• Identifies strategic issues and raises questions to help customers explore and understand their wider business challenges.
• Utilizes thorough understanding of current business processes and challenges to recommend and match solutions to meet unique business needs and achieve objectives.
• Analyzes reports on the financial results and provides explicit recommendations for attention and improvements as well as recommendations on financial forecasts.
• Recognizes staff potential and guides employees in developing skills by recommending appropriate training and sources of information.
• Creates environment for team effectiveness, where strengths are known and built upon and learning is shared to build capacity.
• Shares domain and industry knowledge between cross-functional teams.
• Seeks mentorship opportunities for direct reports.
• Obtains resources needed to reach individual and team goals.
• Prioritizes team morale and productivity, celebrating team accomplishments.
• Promotes collaboration among team members. Encourages others to cooperate and coordinate efforts.
• Attracts and selects diverse and high-caliber talent.
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership. View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.