Android Software Engineer - Accommodation
Android Software Engineer - Accommodation
Are you an Android enthusiast? Are you looking for a challenging change? Join one of our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible) and help us to shape the future of travel.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing - helping millions of people discover their world. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. Our technology helps more than 17 million customers reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
In the Hotels area, we develop and leverage the best ecommerce technology to create the best hotel booking experience for more than 20 million customers each year. We do so by creating new technologies and platforms and applying artificial intelligence in a flexible, microservices based infrastructure. This allows us to connect directly with hoteliers, aggregate and manage different sources of hotel information from different providers, and build the best booking engine out there for hotel bookings. We aim to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find the best hotel for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app.
This is going to be one of the most exciting and innovative areas for us. Here you can expect to be innovating on a daily basis - in terms of customer experience, complex algorithms, and also ideas for new products we can offer customers.
We are looking for people that challenge the status quo, that bring new ideas to the table, that can influence, drive and have a say in the way we address our customers, the way we build our product and the way we work. Does this sound like you? 👇
As an Android Software Engineer, you will:
- Work with a top-notch tech stack including Kotlin, Java, Espresso, Jenkins, Gherkin and Cucumber, JUnit, Clean Architecture, Multinode, and a distributed, scalable app where the software gets delivered daily, with high quality, clean code, and SOLID principles
- Work with talented colleagues who will collaborate with you on a daily basis and help you to develop yourself at the same time you're helping them. Continuously learn and participate in workshops, hackathons, and other events as we consider key to being active within the IT community.
- Be part of a high-performing cross-functional team of 7-10 developers, POs, UXers, QAs, data scientists, etc, all sharing the same values and focus on the customer and you will actively participate in the product definition and ideation processes.
- Own a few modules in your area of expertise and cover the entire software development lifecycle. Own and monitor the performance of product and technical OKRs.
- Design & develop innovative solutions that help us evolve our mobile app and deliver challenging business goals. Share them with both technical and non-technical audiences. Code the solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A growth mindset, seeking opportunities to learn, share, and grow continuously
- High level of personal leadership and ownership, ability to plan and organise own work and take responsibility
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, comfortable to work in large teams or teams of teams
- Understanding of coding fundamentals
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Focus on quality and experience with testing and shipping high-quality code
- Strong knowledge and experience with Kotlin
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Proactivity to come up with new ideas to deliver solutions and identify opportunities to improve
- A good level of technical English to collaborate with people across 45 nationalities
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano, Palma de mallorca or Alicante)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, industry conferences etc.
- Language classes for English
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.