Front End Senior Software Engineer -Technology
Front End Senior Software Engineer -Technology
Who we are and what is our purpose?
eDreams ODIGEO is the world’s leading travel subscription platform and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four renowned online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 20 million customers per year across 44 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with nearly 700 airlines. The business conceptualized Prime, the first subscription product in the travel sector which has topped 5.2 million members since launching in 2017. The brand offers the best quality products in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, dynamic packages, car rental, and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
In the Technology/Architecture area, we want to make our development teams be and feel the most productive in the world.
Our mission is to develop and run generic services and build common libraries for our product teams. We also are in charge of automating development processes (e.g., CI/CD) and supporting, training, and evangelizing product teams in using our portfolio. Finally, we strive to always be on top of all the productivity pain points of our product teams.
We don’t look just for developers to do their code and move on to the next ticket, we want Engineers who challenge the status quo, bring new ideas to the table, that can influence, drive, and have a say in the way we address our customers, the way we build our product and the way we work. Does this sound like you?
Why would you love to join us?
- You will work with top-notch tech stack: ReactJS, ES5 and ES6, JQuery, Underscore, Lodash, ReactJS, GraphQL, Apollo GraphQL, Node JS, Backbone,, Babel, TypeScript, Webpack, RequireJS, Browserify, Grunt, Bower, NPM, Yeoman, LinemanJS, Mimosa, UglifyJS, Selenium, Cucumber, CSS, Sass, HTML5.
- You will develop new features on a modern, low legacy, distributed, scalable microservices platform, where software gets deployed daily, with high quality, clean code, SOLID principles, and TDD
- You will work with top-of-the-range development tools like Google Cloud, Jira, Bitbucket, Mercurial, Git, AppDynamics, Spotfire, DataDog etc.
- You will have talented colleagues as mentors, plus tailored learning programs, to help you develop your career fast thanks to our amazing Tech career path
- You will work in a fully agile organization, using Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You have meaningful experience in a senior engineer role driving technical work for other engineers. You stay up-to-date on industry trends and understand how to apply them.
- Provide technical guidance for complex initiatives. Deliver strategic technical improvements.
- Improve code structure and architecture, taking care of testability and maintainability, and identifying opportunities for technical investments to help the team meet the objectives.
- Successfully deliver projects with high complexity, involving multiple stakeholders, including monitoring and mitigating timeline risks.
- Effectively give and receive feedback, including code reviews, and architecture reviews, and mentoring other team members, coaching them to upgrade their skills and grow to the next level.
- Communicate complex ideas to technical and business stakeholders, and establish alignment within the broader organization.
- Constantly looking to expand your skills and skill sets through learning and increasing knowledge.
- Team player -> You enjoy collaborating and sharing your skills and knowledge with others.
- Good English level that will allow you to work in a multicultural environment. Our teams are from all over the world (> 50 nationalities), with different backgrounds, cultures, and interests.
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path (including Advanced SSE, staff engineer & principal engineer), 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano, Palma de mallorca or Alicante)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings.
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance.
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, industry conferences etc.
- Free subscription to frontendmasters.
- Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activitie
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 50 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key to our success. Each one of them is unique in their way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.