Java Software Engineer - Convert
Java Software Engineer - Convert
Are you a Java enthusiast? Are you looking for a challenging change? Join one of our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto or Madrid (other locations in Spain and Portugal are equally possible) and help us to shape the future of travel and provide the best travel experience to over 17 million of customers.
🚀 eDreams ODIGEO is the world’s leading travel subscription platform and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four renowned online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 20 million customers per year across 44 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with nearly 700 airlines. The business conceptualised Prime, the first subscription product in the travel sector which has topped 5.2 million members since launching in 2017. The brand offers the best quality products in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, dynamic packages, car rental and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
We are a travel company, but more importantly, a tech company, aspiring to be the best in cutting edge technologies and ways of working, always looking to evolve to the next step.
We are offering you the chance to learn and work with innovative technologies including Java11, BigData (Kafka, Cassandra, BigTable, Redis, Neo4j), machine learning and Datamesh in a continuous delivery and cloud based environment (Docker, Kubernetes and GCP). Everything is supported by a high quality monitoring process with Sonarqube and Datadog.
We don’t look just for developers to do their code and move on to next ticket, we want Engineers that challenge the status quo, that bring new ideas on the table, that can influence, drive and have a say in the way we address our customers, the way we build our product and the way we work. Does this sound like you? 👇
- Be part of a young multidisciplinary team where everyone can speak up with new ideas, take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Take advantage of your data driven capabilities and use your design pattern skills to solve problems.
- Be enthusiastic and come up with creative options to deliver solutions.
- Use your knowledge of Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments to help you deliver value quickly.
- Seek out opportunities to learn, share and grow continuously.
- We work in English so you will need good technical English level.
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain or Portugal, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid and Porto).
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings.
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance.
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Language classes for English and also Spanish classes for eDOers relocated to Spain.
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid and Porto).
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities.
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.