Platform Engineer - Data As A Service
Platform Engineer - Data As A Service
We are looking for a seasoned Platform Engineer to join our Data As A Service team 🚀
You will be joining a team of experienced DevOps, SRE, Database and Network engineers that follow professional software engineering practices for the full Infrastructure as Code life cycle, including build processes, testing and operations 💪
What do we do in the Data As A Service team? 👩💻
Data services catalog is built on top of Cloud platforms like Google Cloud Platform and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
📝 Data As A Service catalog is formed by:
- Oracle Databases
🌎 Managed services from our Cloud providers are also included in our catalog:
- Cloud SQL
☝️ We are also responsible for:
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure architecture, management and integration of new managed services
- Datalake Platform for Data Scientists teams
- BI Platforms
⚙️ We work following GitOps paradigm and automate as much as possible principles, using tools like:
- GitLab-CI and Jenkins for CI/CD
- Terraform + Terragrunt for Infrastructure as Code
- Docker as the Build-Ship-Run anywhere philosophy
- Kubernetes as the preferred orchestrator and Helm as the way to create easy deployable applications for anyone
What will you be doing?
- Design, implement and maintain Platform configuration and automation systems
- Ensure sustainable availability, performance and scalability of Platform infrastructure
- Create and manage efficient and automated product deployment lifecycle
- Collaborate with other Platform teams to implement best practices for development lifecycle
- Implement continuous integration, delivery and deployment methodologies
What are we looking for?
- At least 2 years DEVOPS/SRE Experience
- Experience using Git
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Terragrunt
- Experience in Docker
- Experience in automation tools: Ansible
- Experience with Orchestrators: Kubernetes
- Experience with CI systems, such as Jenkins and GitLab-CI
- Experience with GCP
- Hands-on experience with ElasticSearch, Kafka and Oracle Databases
What’s in it for you?
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy.
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Language classes for English
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.